BPL Community Profile

Ben H. (bzhayes) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale So. California
About Me Ben H. has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Ben H.

Showing 121 - 130 of 346 | Page: 1 ...4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ...35

Forum » Thread

Re: Pancakes
butter is quite shelf stable. We leave it out on the counter for days at a time. It never seems to go rancid. Gee is even more shelf stable.

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Pancakes
December 13, 11:33am

Re: Re:
"...They spend hundreds of dollars on this stuff that is REALLY easy to tear, rip, and poke holes in. But then if someone comes up with an idea that costs $10 and takes a little extra time...

In GEAR » Negative weight camp pillow
December 13, 10:18am

Re: Re: Progress.
Another beautiful looking saw. I notice you seem to prefer cutting down the height of the saw blade versus keeping the height (or more of the height) and slotting out the blade (like you do with...

In GEAR » Ultralight Saws
December 12, 10:31am

Re: Can a plain cylindrical windscreen be the pot support?
It certainly can work, but you will loose all of the efficiency you gained by going with a wider pot. Less of the pot will be exposed to the hot combustion gases (meaning less area to transfer hea...

In Make Your Own Gear » Can a plain cylindrical windscreen be the pot support?
November 19, 10:23am

Re: Water treatment for blue-green (toxic) algae
I did a little digging around. It looks like treatment techniques will kill cyanobacteria (blue-green algae) but the toxins they produce will be left. In other words: the treatment is ineffective...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Water treatment for blue-green (toxic) algae
October 23, 1:22pm

Re: Re: Re: Epiphany
Tim, I am confused by the weather resistant stripes. What makes them weather resistant? There isn't much description on the product page for this upgrade. Also, your site seems to be r...

In GEAR » enLIGHTened equipment product changes in Sept.
October 21, 1:24pm

Re: Toppings?
Trader Joe's (and other places) sell maple sugar. Just mix it with a little water for syrup. The quintessential pancake topping with all energy and no water weight. Nutella is another grea...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Pancakes
October 21, 12:19pm

confused....
Why do you need to cut off (and throw away) the three inch section? Couldn't you just cut off the 1 inch section glue it on and be good to go?

In Make Your Own Gear » Tipi pole cheap, easy & light
October 01, 11:50am

Re: Rice Before Boil?
"Any reason to bring water to a boil BEFORE adding instant rice?..." The reason would be texture. Cooking a starch like that you could end up with gooey overcooked rice on the outside...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Looking for a rice-based one-pot recipe.
September 25, 4:08pm

Re: I think you're right, Justin
"...I most definitely do not want to depend on a UV water treatment system that relies on batteries...." Filters can clog and break. Chemicals can leak or get wet. Electronics can ru...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » My food and water weight conundrum...
September 25, 10:42am

All Reader Reviews by Ben H.

Ben H. has posted no reviews.