BPL Community Profile

Ben H. (bzhayes) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale So. California
About Me Ben H. has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Ben H.

Showing 121 - 130 of 314 | Page: 1 ...4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ...32

Forum » Thread

Lighter1 Initial Review
I got a lighter1 little Sami in yesterday and wanted to give an initial look review: Stats: canister = 20.85 oz cap/pot = 6.40 oz handle = 0.90 oz total bear canister = 28.20 oz pot lid...

In GEAR » Ultra Light Bear Canister
June 19, 9:20am

Re: Re: Bear Canister or Equivalent for Solo Backpacking - Passes regulations?
There are two main kinds for sale at most outdoor shops. (1) The Garcia keg style which is pretty awkward and heavy. (2)Then the bearvault, which is lighter and made with transparent plast...

In GEAR » Bear Canister or Equivalent for Solo Backpacking - Passes regulations?
June 04, 1:56pm

Re: No hood => longer quilt?
I just wear a hat. A separate hood would work too.

In GEAR » First quit purchase
June 03, 9:54am

Re: Canoe / Hike
I think the boundary waters (BWCA) would fit the bill nicely. You can rent canoes in Ely, MN. Sylvania Wilderness in the Ottawa National Forest (UP of Michigan) is another good option much li...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Canoe / Hike
May 30, 5:47pm

Re: "Very unpleasant experience with Six Moon Design (SMD)"
wow... so much goodwill Ron has built up over the years thrown away for $20. This is a word to the wise: If you get something defective from Ron, do not return it to him, just charge back your cr...

In GEAR » Very unpleasant experience with Six Moon Design (SMD)
May 30, 9:24am

Re: Very unpleasant experience with Six Moon Design (SMD)
That is unfortunate. It seems pretty straight forward. I was going to suggest a charge back, but I then realized what your looking for is the shipping charges you paid to ship it back to them. ...

In GEAR » Very unpleasant experience with Six Moon Design (SMD)
May 29, 10:25am

Re: Re: Re: Wonder Why Bearikade Fails?
"...I went with the bearikade its lighter at a greater volume with the draw back being a higher price... About that picture with the grizzly, as some one pointed out to me that is the only ...

In GEAR » Bear Canisters
May 23, 5:03pm

Re: organizing tackle
Just get a small little divided container. The key is not to take everything. Pick out the most important stuff and leave the rest behind. At the end of your trip evaluate what you didn't us...

In Fishing » organizing tackle
May 23, 10:07am

Re: Not usually a problem for me, but...
"...If I was really having trouble? 44 ml of a 90% ethanol/10% dihydrodgen monoxide solution, taken orally with one glass of water..." -John A. Careful! Mountain stream water is quite...

In GEAR » Take any meds to fall asleep after a medium size hiking day?
May 22, 3:30pm

Re: Fasthike Fiber?
I don't really know anything about fasthiking, but if you are trying to stay regular, have you considered acidophilus pills? They are the concentrated bacteria in yogurt. They won't add a...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Fasthike Fiber?
May 21, 10:06am

All Reader Reviews by Ben H.

Ben H. has posted no reviews.