Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Miguel Arboleda (butuki) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Kanto Plain, Japan
About Me The top of the mountain is more an afterthought than a destination for me. Its the trees and creatures, the weather and people along the way that make the walking good. It's why it's always so hard to come back down. And why, with the odor of days imprinted in synthetics, my coming back down is hard for others, too!
StateTokyo
CountryJapan
My Website URLhttp://laughing-knees.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Miguel Arboleda

Showing 121 - 130 of 2598 | Page: 1 ...4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ...260

Forum » Thread

Re: the desert
Bob is correct on the highest recorded temperature, at least from the last time I checked. People do tend to exaggerate temperatures. Well, it's a bit unfair to quote statistics that for the...

In Philosophy & Technique » The "I don't get it" thread
March 16, 6:01pm

Re: "The "I don't get it" thread": Short Jackets
I've been trying to think what it is that I really don't get, and this morning, while browsing for waterproof shells, it came back to me... I don't get outer shells that are shorter tha...

March 12, 4:46pm

Re: I don't get......
Justin, I agree with you 100%. Cotton is overly demonised in backpacking circles. And I like silk too :) Definitely agree with both of you. I wonder, sometimes, how many people in the backpackin...

March 11, 5:48pm

Re: Cameras
When you do it right, either with a camera or with a pen and paper (they are very different in execution), photography and drawing can bring an incredibly rich "seeing" of the world aroun...

March 10, 9:20pm

Re: Toothpaste..
Windshirts really hit home for me on one trip in the Alps in Switzerland when it was freezing and raining and my Montane Superfly eVent jacket started wetting out and leaking, even though I had rec...

March 10, 6:10pm

Re: New product that radically shifts how backpackers approach field hydration
Intravenous Kidney Filter? Save weight by using your own kidneys* instead of a separate, artificial filter. Includes optional, portable mini-dialysis machines for use in industrial areas. *ki...

In GEAR » "New product that radically shifts how backpackers approach field hydration"
March 07, 3:34am

Re: Ray Jardine examines Cuben Fiber
Steve, didn't you know that Jardine won't allow you to copy that URL and post it without his permission? Just wait. He's going to come after you!

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Ray Jardine examines Cuben Fiber
March 01, 7:35pm

Re: I Love This Site
Welcome aboard, Dave!

In Chaff » I Love This Site
February 16, 3:06pm

Re: Speaking a different language
There are very few purely "liberal" or "conservative" people. Most are somewhere in the middle, often without even knowing it. It's a lazy tendency to need to find labels an...

In Chaff » Speaking a different language
February 16, 12:08am

Re: Men's Fairy Tale
Ken, I tried, honest, but I don't get it. Are you saying that the guys don't like gay whale meat, or that they couldn't handle Miguel's awful sounding attempts at engaging Cesar in ...

In Chaff » Men's Fairy Tale
February 14, 10:57am

All Reader Reviews by Miguel Arboleda

Showing 1 - 6 of 6 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Gossamer Gear The One
These are comments I made in the forum, just added here for easy reference: I just got back from a three day walk with the One yesterday. It was great, just what I wanted. It's still very much ...

In Shelters - Single Wall Tents
May 17, 6:08am

ULA Equipment
I just received my Arctic Pack yesterday, a pack that I wasn't going to buy at first because of the expense, but after reading other people's reviews and my just not having enough time to make...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
July 06, 12:32am

Mountain Equipment Co-op (Canada)
I became a member of MEC in 1992, paying the membership fee and enjoying buying things at great prices and getting very well made gear that you couldn't find anywhere else. Ever since the regul...

February 02, 9:45am

TarpTent
I have three of Henry's creations, the original Squall, the Squall 2, and the Rainbow. All of them have performed wonderfully and have changed the way I go backpacking (along with Glen van Peski a...

January 18, 10:24am

Mont Bell
(well, what do you know, I can't use the word "f*nny pack"!) I've been using MontBell gear since 1977, two years after they started, when I bought my first rain poncho. I still ha...

December 16, 8:36pm

Shires Tarptent Rainbow

In Shelters - Single Wall Tents
September 07, 12:13am