BPL Community Profile

Allen Butts (butts0989) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Northern Rockies
About Me Allen Butts has not added a biography yet.
CityFort Collins
StateColorado
CountryU.S.
My PDF Gear ListAT-thru hike list

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Allen Butts

Showing 121 - 130 of 236 | Page: 1 ...4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

Forum » Thread

Re: Yet another JMT 2012 Gear List
Looks like a great list! you've obviously dont your homework, but i think there are some things that you might want to switch out. First of all, i saw 2 long sleeve shirts and a down jacket, t...

In Gear Lists » Yet another JMT 2012 Gear List
March 11, 12:19pm

Re: RE: New 3 Season List
Thanks Jason, I was kind of wondering if i was carrying a bit too much insulation. I think i will stick with my contrail for now until i think i can afford a trailstar.

In Gear Lists » New 3 Season List
March 10, 3:58pm

Re: Re: New 3 Season List
The :golite top" is just a t-shirt, sorry i should have specified. I'm not sure if it got double printed but I only have 1 of everthing really, 1 pair of short, 1 tights, 1 t shirt, and 1...

March 10, 10:44am

New 3 Season List
This is my new 3 season gear list. This past summer I used my CT thru-hike as a "shake down" and this is what I have come out with. I still have some money in my gear budget, so any adv...

March 09, 11:07pm

Re: MLD Exodus
Nick thats great to hear that, ill be giving it a much closer look. Thanks for the detail in the review. Also, beautiful paintings!

In GEAR » Help me choose a pack...
March 09, 9:58pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Help me choose a pack...
Ha thanks david, i was unaware of that page on their site. That helps a ton though thanks.

March 09, 1:40pm

Re: Re: JMT Permit- flexibility!
Ya I have been considering that. Sadly I think me and my hiking partner have kind of given up on it till next year, i think we are just going to end up hiking all over CO instead to save on cost (...

In Pre-Trip Planning » JMT permit problems
March 08, 8:44pm

Re: Re: Help me choose a pack...
Around 10-12 lbs, this summer on the CT when I had 7 days of food my pack weighed almost exactly 25lbs

March 08, 8:28pm

Help me choose a pack...
I am having a pretty hard time weighing out the cost, function, and size of these packs and coming to a final decision. ULA Ohm, ULA CDT, and the MLD Exodus. I need a pack for 3 season only. I h...

March 08, 8:08pm

Re: Re: Re: Colorado Loops
ooo paul great idea! Im thinking of running that in a couple of years too, that would be a great hike!

In Pre-Trip Planning » Colorado Loops
March 07, 10:06pm

All Reader Reviews by Allen Butts

Allen Butts has posted no reviews.