Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Stuart Burke (burkest) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Collegiate Peaks Wilderness
About Me Stuart Burke has not added a biography yet.
CityMadison
StateWI
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear List140 mile Colorado loop hike

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Stuart Burke

Showing 121 - 130 of 182 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

Forum » Thread

Re: mometuum vs epic
Brett, Momentum, eVent, and Epic are all very different fabrics and cannot be used interchangably. Take a look at this page on the MLD website it does a good job of explaining the differences o...

In GEAR » mometuum vs epic
October 29, 3:06pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: eVent poncho
Roger, Don't worry about it I make mistakes like that all the time.

In GEAR » If Only Someone Made A.....
October 22, 7:11am

Re: Re: eVent poncho
Roger, Do you feel that the eVent wets out because of the failure of the DWR or is the fabric not actually waterproof in your experience. I thought a design like I described would work because ...

October 21, 9:44pm

eVent poncho
I would like to see a eVent/silnylon version of the ponchos Roger describes in this article http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/caffins_4_month_gear_list.html The front, sle...

October 21, 4:50pm

Re: new
Mike, The best places to search for info is this forum and the forums at Thru-hiker.com. Ron Bell of MLD also has a good info page on fabrics on his website but he only talks about the fabrics ...

In Make Your Own Gear » new
October 18, 2:54pm

Re: Re: misleading advertising
You might want to bite the bullet and make your own bivy because Ti Goat redesigned and raised the price of their bivy to $90. http://www.titaniumgoat.com/Bivy.html

In GEAR » CheapO bivy
October 12, 1:27pm

Re: Re: Mid panel tie out question
All, Thanks for the suggestions and advice. Vick, Good point about orienting the patch to match the tarp fabric that is something I probably not of thought of until I was done.

In Make Your Own Gear » Mid panel tie out question
October 09, 7:51pm

Re: Porcupine Mountains Wilderness, Michigan
Thanks for answering my questions Sam. I want to get and use my tarp/bivy combo now that bug season is done but I am nervous to use it with all the rain we have been receiving recently. I am planni...

In Post-Trip Reports » Porcupine Mountains Wilderness, Michigan
October 08, 6:08pm

Re: Porcupine Mountains Wilderness, Michigan
Thanks for posting your trip report Sam I really enjoyed reading it. I would like to get to the porcupines some time in the next year if it works for my schedule. From looking at the pictures i...

In Post-Trip Reports » Porcupine Mountains Wilderness, Michigan
October 08, 1:10pm

Re: Re: Mid panel tie out question
Thanks for the suggestion David. I have used grip clips before on PU coated nylon and they cause a lot of abuse to the fabric plus they distort the fabric too much for my taste. The website you lin...

In Make Your Own Gear » Mid panel tie out question
October 08, 12:52pm

All Reader Reviews by Stuart Burke

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Simblissity Levagaiter
I love these gaiters. I wear them every time I go hiking. They breathe well, dry fast, keep debris out of my shoes and stay in place. When I first used the gaiters it took a few tries to get the fit r...

In Footwear - Boots, Shoes, Gaiters
February 26, 4:47pm

Montrail Stratos XCR
I like mine quite a bit. They fit well and are reasonably light. My only complaint after hiking 40 miles with them is that the padding around the ankle soaks up a lot of water and takes a long time (s...

In Footwear - Boots, Shoes, Gaiters
October 31, 8:39pm