BPL Community Profile

Brendan Swihart (brendans) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Fruita CO
About Me Brendan Swihart has not added a biography yet.
CountryUnited
My Website URLhttp://outlivingblog.wordpress.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Brendan Swihart

Showing 121 - 130 of 601 | Page: 1 ...4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ...61

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: Re: membership
It's going to take a LOT of down for a -10 bag. A much easier and cheaper route would be a synthetic overquilt to use with your summer down bag. A quick glance at a FF -10 bag uses 32 oz of f...

In Make Your Own Gear » sleeping bag/quilt baffles
February 23, 9:05am

Re: Found This Gem
Meh... For me, spectra core is worth it. Where I usually hike, stakes are usually useless and I have to use rocks for anchors. I've been on more than one trip that a gusty night has shredded...

In GEAR » Examples of "Stupid Light"
February 22, 11:18pm

Re: sleeping bag/quilt baffles
Do you mean how to join the ends together? If the seam is on the bottom, it doesnt matter too much because you'll be laying on it; a french seam works fine. If it's on the side, sew the s...

In Make Your Own Gear » sleeping bag/quilt baffles
February 22, 5:10pm

Re: Re: Modified Felled Seam
With long seams having having exact tension matters, and I've found that often the bobbin tension is a bit too tight, leading to the two pieces not lining up like Jerry mentioned. Pinning a bi...

In Make Your Own Gear » Modified Felled Seam
February 22, 1:57pm

Re: Flat Felled Seams
I tried out several different variations (true felled seam as Samuel describes, faux, faux with a third stitch in the middle, and faux without the extra fabric folded under like Roger describes) y...

In Make Your Own Gear » Modified Felled Seam
February 22, 12:13pm

Re: Re: Re: sausage
only if you were able to light it in the rain... edit: and have video

In GEAR » Examples of "Stupid Heavy"
February 22, 12:18am

sausage
Some seek arrowheads and artifacts, others...

February 21, 11:04pm

Re: Re: Re: Examples of "Stupid Heavy"
Damn, I always have to carry in my own sausage. How has more than one person found a giant sausage in the wilderness?????

February 21, 9:54pm

Ti mugs
Just curious for those that are using ti mugs...why? They're expensive and heavy. What am I missing? Head down to the thrift store for some sexy plastic. Cheap and well under an oz.

In GEAR » Coffee - carry a mug?
February 21, 3:11pm

Re: Coffee - carry a mug?
I used to use freezer bags but added a bowl (ziplock screw top) to eat out of. It's easier and in the end probably lighter because you don't have nasty wet bags you're carrying around....

In GEAR » Coffee - carry a mug?
February 21, 2:50pm

All Reader Reviews by Brendan Swihart

Brendan Swihart has posted no reviews.