BPL Community Profile

jeffrey armbruster (book) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Northern California
About Me bookseller. nordic skier. backpacker.
Cityberkeley
Stateca
Countryusa

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by jeffrey armbruster

Showing 121 - 130 of 583 | Page: 1 ...4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ...59

Forum » Thread

"How do I deal with my fear?"
Agreed, excellent post by Diane.

In Philosophy & Technique » How do I deal with my fear?
September 01, 10:41am

"Bearikade"
Jerry, the bears who graduated from Cal are super intelligent. The Stanford bears, not so much.

In GEAR » Bearikade
August 31, 4:32pm

"Unsure about this conversion from boots to trail shoes"
Curtis: to paraphrase Groucho Marx: who are you going to believe, bpl posters or your own lying feet? Go with what works, man.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Unsure about this conversion from boots to trail shoes
August 27, 7:09pm

"Unsure about this conversion from boots to trail shoes"
The stiffness of the soles of your shoes/boots make a world of difference. Stiffer soles also help with lateral movement etc. of your feet. Personally I need a stiffer sole but pay the weight penal...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Unsure about this conversion from boots to trail shoes
August 27, 10:57am

"Bear learns how to crack Garcia cans at Yosemite"
I'm not sure that there's ever been a bear attack on a human in Yosemite. I could be wrong here. Or any in the Sierra that I've ever heard of. Bear habituation is a huge problem aro...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Bear learns how to crack Garcia cans at Yosemite
August 26, 2:09pm

"Into the Wild"
I think it's significant that McCandless kept finding substitute parents during his time on the road. In the book as well as the movie these people really cared for and bonded with McCandless. ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Into the Wild
August 25, 1:18pm

"Into the Wild"
Craig, I was thinking of Moby Dick too. Or Romeo and Juliet: two dumb kids die in love tryst. Old married couples wag their fingers: they got what they deserved.

August 25, 9:53am

"Into the Wild"
M B: actually "the majority of americans" don't do anything even remotely like the things that McCandless did. One of the points of Krakauer's book is to explore a kind of behavio...

August 24, 11:41pm

"Into the Wild"
David: lol! It's a thin line between crazy and happy. I believe that's the state line of Alaska.

August 24, 6:45pm

"Into the Wild"
No doubt McCandless ended up way out of his depth and acted irrationally, or stupidly if you prefer. But McCandless had been acting in pretty bizarre and sometimes dangerous ways well before he end...

August 24, 4:50pm

All Reader Reviews by jeffrey armbruster

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Vasque Breeze GTX
These boots really are a breeze on your feet. Unlike another reviewer, I found these boots to have terrific ankle support. However, the deal-killer for me is the relatively narrow toe box. Full disclo...

In Footwear - Boots, Shoes, Gaiters
March 16, 7:35pm