BPL Community Profile

Andy Duncan (bluewater) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale SoCal
About Me Andy Duncan has not added a biography yet.
CityLaguna Beach
StateCA
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://seatosummitultralight.blogspot.com/
My PDF Gear ListWinter Sierra Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Andy Duncan

Showing 121 - 130 of 305 | Page: 1 ...4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ...31

Forum » Thread

Skyscape X vs. Cuben Haven
Manfred, Thanks for your earlier post about the Cuben Haven & Net Tent. There are a few differences between the Skyscape X and the Cuben Haven that stand out. With the Skyscape I wa...

In GEAR » SMD Skyscape X
July 23, 8:27pm

SMD Skyscape X
I've been anxiously awaiting the arrival of the new SMD Skyscape X and it finally got here this morning. At 14.5 ozs it weighs less than advertised, which is nice. 14.8 ozs w/ the stuff sac...

In GEAR » SMD Skyscape X
July 23, 3:49pm

A hard BPL trip in the High Sierra
Thank you for posting your TR and photos. Good to hear that you made it back ok. I've also been looking forward to seeing the photos from this trip, I have been planning a similar trip all wint...

In Post-Trip Reports » A hard BPL trip in the High Sierra (summits, cross country, long days, laughs)
July 10, 12:12am

Re: Sierra Lakes & Tranquility
Palisades Basin, Lower Barrett Lakes. Lunch spot on the other side.

In Photo Gallery » Sierra Lakes & Tranquility
July 02, 2:11pm

Re: the DIY Gear Scramble-a-Thon!
Hey Aaron. Wow! Your gear looks beautiful, thanks for posting the pxts of your cuben pack. I especially like your padded hipbelt. With the internal frame I'm sure you will be able to comfortabl...

In Make Your Own Gear » the DIY Gear Scramble-a-Thon!
June 25, 3:33pm

JMT Side Trips. . .
The slower pace makes for some fun side trips. Ionian Basin via Wanda Pass. Black Giant. Mt. Goddard. Darwin Bench. I would like to just wander around and explore the area around Helen Lake for a w...

In GEAR » Resale value of a Bearikade Expedition
June 20, 2:02pm

Resale value of a Bearikade Expedition
Bill, I realize this is a little off topic (not about the resale value of the Expedition), but I used the Weekender last summer after resupplying at MTR and there was enough room for all the food I...

In GEAR » Resale value of a Bearikade Expedition
June 20, 12:53pm

Manufacture Weight Deviations
Thanks for starting this post Manfred. I just noticed it last night so I'm a little late joining in. I also ordered a Cuben Haven with the Net Tent. It was mailed out on schedule (June 12th). ...

In GEAR » Cuben Haven arrived
June 20, 12:36pm

Re JMT 2011
My error. Thanks for everyone's feedback.

In Post-Trip Reports » JMT 2011
May 30, 10:51pm

JMT 2011
I hiked the JMT last summer. I wouldn't have even considered it without the information and inspiration here at BPL. JMT 2011 Trip Report

In Post-Trip Reports » JMT 2011
May 29, 6:17pm

All Reader Reviews by Andy Duncan

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Titanium Goat AGP AGP
I used these poles on the JMT last summer and had no problems. They are extremely light and the grips and very comfortable. The locking system is smooth and flawless. I have used them in snow and mile...

In Trekking Poles
July 06, 11:20pm

Thermarest Neo-Air
After using the large (19oz) for the extra 5" in width and the regular (14 oz) to save a little weight I finally just settled on the small (9 oz). It's lightweight and perfect as an extended ...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
October 01, 2:24am

zpacks Company
I ordered a Hexamid Tent on Sept. 1st and received it on the extact day Joe said it would mailed out. When I added some accessories to the order at the last minute he sent them without charging for th...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
October 01, 2:01am