BPL Community Profile

Bill Fornshell (bfornshell) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Southern Texas
About Me I have been a member here since 24 August, 2003.

I believe in SUL and Lighter, Backpacking, and make most of my own gear. If you have a question about something I have made you can read about most of it here or on my Blog.

http://ultraliteskunkworks.blogspot.com/

Please Note:

I don't make things for other people. Thanks for asking but the answer to all, is NO.
CitySan Antonio
StateTexas
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Bill Fornshell

Showing 121 - 130 of 1796 | Page: 1 ...4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ...180

Forum » Thread

Re: What happened to BPL Ranks???
I have no way to post a gear list so I guess my rank is "0". Member since August 24, 2003.

In Website & Forum Admin/Support » What happened to BPL Ranks???
April 05, 7:53pm

no seams
Hi, We are living in a high tech world. Take a close look at any modern T-Shirt, they don't have a seam either.

In Make Your Own Gear » MYOG Neck Warmer/ Face Cover
April 04, 9:52pm

Hammocks 2010 - Cuben Hammock ver 1
I started this thread some time ago about my Cuben Hammock. Cuben Hammock Thread My Cuben Hammock was to be used with the lightest gear list I could make. It might seem small for some but work...

In GEAR » Hammocks 2010
April 03, 11:22am

Re: Kilt.
This thread was started here a long time ago. It has a lot of comments about using a Kilt to hike in. Kilt (information) Thread I have made several different types of Kilts and they are almost...

In Gear Lists » Summer AT clothing
April 03, 9:54am

Re: Re: Re: Re: hammocks can be just as light- Cuben
Cuben Hammock Thread Bill, are you sure the URL is correct? It refers to itself. Thanks, I fixed it. Here it is again: Cuben Hammock Thread

In GEAR » Hammock vs. Tarp/ Bivy vs. Tarptent
March 24, 4:40pm

Re: Re: hammocks can be just as light- Cuben
Hi, In March of 2007 I made my first Cuben Fiber Hammock. I used some 0.47 ounce per sq yard Cuben. The Cuben part of the Hammock weighed 2.36 ounces. Cuben Hammock Thread I took the p...

In GEAR » Hammock vs. Tarp/ Bivy vs. Tarptent
March 24, 11:14am

Re: Advice on metal for MYOG pack frame
You might get a few constructions ideas from my External Pack Frame Thread: SUL External Frame / 1-1-2009

In Make Your Own Gear » Need advice on type of metal for MYOG pack frame
March 05, 6:03pm

Re: Re: Russia?
Question from Ben: "I wonder how much Lend/Lease materiel got to the USSR?" $12 billion in Lend-Lease aid to Soviet. This is very easy to find, just do a web search.

In Chaff » Warfighters: History of the term?
March 02, 10:15pm

Re: SUL "Crampons"
Hi Miguel, This idea is a great idea for my "Super Ultra Light - Super Ultra Cheap" gear list. Thanks for passing this on to us.

In Make Your Own Gear » Lightweight "Crampons"
February 13, 8:32pm

Footwear for the Southern AT in this Weather.
If you wanted to be dressed for this current weather so you could stay on the trail (Southern end of the AT), what boots would you be wearing (snow, ice, mixed with rain and low temperatures 32 to ...

In GEAR » Footwear for the Southern AT in this Weather.
February 13, 2:52pm

All Reader Reviews by Bill Fornshell

Showing 1 - 4 of 4 | Page: 1

Review

Category

BMW (BPL) UL 60 Balaclava
Cocoon UL 60 Balaclava - Multi-Purpose - 5/5 I have had my Cocoon Balaclava since they first shipped. When I got it I was in the middle of several things and just looked it over, put it on, bless...

In Clothing - Headwear, Handwear
July 08, 10:08pm

OR (Outdoor Research)
During the planning for my AT Hike this coming January I got out my old OR Advanced Bivy. I had used it only a few times after I bought it about 10 years ago and wanted to have a good look at it set ...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
December 29, 4:41pm

BackpackingLight.com Premium Membership
1. Being able to have a picture and a little information about us all and a possible way to send a private email to other members. 2. A list of all our replies to threads in date order. This alone ...

In Books and Media
October 27, 8:16pm

Patagonia Dragonfly pullover
I have to agree with everyone about the Patagonia DragonFly. I bought 2 on a close-out sale for $29.95 each. You can't hardly beat that for a really great piece of gear.

In Clothing - Wind & Soft Shell
December 19, 9:22am