Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

eric chan (bearbreeder) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale eric chan hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me eric chan has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by eric chan

Showing 121 - 130 of 4229 | Page: 1 ...4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ...423

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: melanzana mod
When u chop da sleeves Save em for arm/leg/ankle warmers ;)

In GEAR » Active vest
December 22, 8:21pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: PCT: Down jacket
I guess it pays to bring a small LED flashlight when shopping to search for down! well here a somewhat off topic story ... my climbing partner went to the westcomb factory sale a few weeks ag...

In GEAR » PCT: Down jacket
December 21, 2:04pm

water resistant
if you are dealing with freezing sustained rain "water resistant" pants are generally not sufficient ... the DWR (even if its still good) will get overwhelmed in short order and your unde...

In GEAR » Waterproof Pants ?
December 21, 1:56pm

Re: Re: Re: PCT: Down jacket
ive been wearing my EB downlight vest daily for the last 4 years its gotten pin holes, etc ... but its still chugging along and i can send it back in anytime im wearing it right now how...

December 21, 1:42pm

Re: PCT: Down jacket
eddie bauer down light hoody get it on the massive 40%+ sales which will appear and i believe it has a bit more down to boot not to mention the no questions asked warranty ;)

December 21, 1:29pm

Re: Rethinking EB Karkoram 0 sleeping bag
is the bag en-rated? ... richard has shown that "loft" by itself is a poor determiner of "warmth" in a sleeping bag the most important thing is the amount of down fill, q...

In GEAR » Rethinking EB Karkoram 0 sleeping bag
December 21, 1:22pm

Bright red chairs connect Banff visitors to nature
http://calgaryherald.com/news/local-news/red-plastic-chairs-banff Parks Canada is placing several bright red, plastic chairs in scenic locations throughout Canada’s national parks, including t...

In Philosophy & Technique » Bright red chairs connect Banff visitors to nature
December 21, 1:03pm

Re: Why don't manfucaturers list the fill wieght of down jackets?
marketing the jacket they sell must have the secret mojo and facts just get in the way imagine a world where folks compared down fill and figured out that a MEC down jacket had more down tha...

In GEAR » Why don't manfucaturers list the fill wieght of down jackets?
December 20, 10:52pm

Re: we could certainly do the experiment ourselves....
unfortunately most BPLers including myself wouldnt be able to produce any results worth anything how the down is treated prior and the relative conditions will greatly affect affect mesaurements...

In GEAR » Winter down bag decision
December 18, 6:00pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: WM and down DWR
well to put it simply we havent seen any REAL test on the subject .. not mindless intraweb forums speculation that we all do we do know that when new DWR down does provide some benefit ... the p...

In GEAR » Winter down bag decision
December 18, 11:34am

All Reader Reviews by eric chan

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Montbell Extremely Light Down Jacket
the key to using this jacket is to use it under a windshell or synthetic jacket like a nanopuff by itself the shell is fairly fragile, there are no pockets, there is no waist string ... however ...

In Clothing - Insulating - Down
December 30, 7:44pm