BPL Community Profile

Paul Wagner (balzaccom) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Wine Country
About Me Decades of hiking and backpacking in the Sierra...and beyond. Check out our website for fun, stories, trip reports, photos and philosophy!
CityNapa
StateCA
My Website URLhttps://sites.google.com/site/backpackthesierra/home

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Paul Wagner

Showing 121 - 130 of 395 | Page: 1 ...4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ...40

Forum » Thread

On a clear day you can see the mountains...
And here is what the lake looks like on a clear day...

In Post-Trip Reports » "Ansel Adams Wilderness"
July 30, 6:46am

long and short of boot laces
Can anyone please explain why bootlaces are so long? When you buy a new pair of boots, the laces are long enough to tie a normal knot and bow…and still leave about eighteen inches left over! Wh...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » long and short of boot laces
July 29, 4:58pm

Jack Main
It's a beautiful area...particularly if you wait for the bugs to thin out a bit!

In Post-Trip Reports » Leavitt Meadows to Hetch-hetchy
July 26, 3:58pm

Clark Range
We've done parts of this trip from both directions. If you start in Yosemite, I think it's better to start at Mono Meadows. You save a few miles, and some climbing, by doing that. But yo...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Clark Range Loop in Yosemite
July 26, 1:24pm

not over yet
We were at 9,000 feet in Northern Yosemite and they were fierce last week. This was a head-net trip!

In Pre-Trip Planning » Sierra Mosquitos
July 26, 1:19pm

See a doctor
I have compressed disks in my back, but I have a series of exercises that I can do to relieve the pain. And it's a dang good thing, too! Because on our last trip by back really went out, nine...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Back pain while hiking?
July 26, 1:17pm

Leavitt Meadows to Hetch-hetchy
We finally got out on the trail this year (whew!) and had an adventuresome trip across the Sierra from East to West: This was a through-hike, obviously, so we have to start out with thanks to Jo...

In Post-Trip Reports » Leavitt Meadows to Hetch-hetchy
July 26, 11:46am

why we hike
I love David's post... And I would add that it's the best quality time I get with my wife ever. Plus the fishing and scenery. And exercise

In Philosophy & Technique » Why we hike....
July 14, 8:29am

Hoghway 108
This is our stomping grounds. Here are a few options: 1. Kennedy Meadows up Summit Creek and then cross country to Ridge and Iceland lakes. 2. Leavitt Meadows up the river to Fremont...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Hoover wilderness/Eastern Emigrant Ideas?
July 12, 4:05pm

Destinations
We have a "starter hike" section on our website that lists quite a few options. They are all less than six miles one way, and get you someplace nice. backpackthesierra.com You mi...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Western Sierra HIke Suggestions for Noobs
July 10, 9:16pm

All Reader Reviews by Paul Wagner

Paul Wagner has posted no reviews.