BPL Community Profile

Paul Wagner (balzaccom) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Wine Country
About Me Decades of hiking and backpacking in the Sierra...and beyond. Check out our website for fun, stories, trip reports, photos and philosophy!
CityNapa
StateCA
My Website URLhttps://sites.google.com/site/backpackthesierra/home

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Paul Wagner

Showing 121 - 130 of 421 | Page: 1 ...4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ...43

Forum » Thread

Trail vs camp
I don't wear many layers while I am hiking, because I very quickly warm up and start sweating. But don't let that convince you that you don't need warm clothes. Once I stop hiking,...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Layering in the Sierras for 35-55 degrees?
September 23, 9:43am

survey
I tried, Valerie. But since I am 60 and not a hipster of any kind...and I live in California, your survey didn't give me some options. And your questions about internet travel sources a...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Survey for Outdoor Lovers
September 22, 7:09pm

Or Henry Coe
That's the other option, south of San Jose The Sierra, by thanksgiving, is going to have a good load of snow on it, with any luck at atll.

In Pre-Trip Planning » Thanksgiving backpacking ideas?
September 22, 9:50am

a better pad
With our neo-airs, it just isn't a problem. Of course, there are two of us, so twice as many eyes to see little stones etc. But a couple of times, in the morning, after we've deflated ...

In Philosophy & Technique » Tent site clearing/cleaning technique?
September 16, 7:38am

Both work
In fact, it would be a great time to do the Agnew Meadows trip--since traffic there will be much less than earlier in the year. That is the one section of the JMT that everyone says is their f...

In Pre-Trip Planning » sierra trip reccomendations?
September 12, 9:21am

Bloody Canyon and the Rim Fire
We're back from a short trip in the Ansel Adams Wilderness east of Yosemite, where we started in sparkling clean air, and were quickly introduced to the smoke from the Rim Fire. This is a stee...

In Post-Trip Reports » Bloody Canyon and the Rim Fire
September 02, 9:35pm

Fresno?
Then you are quite close to Dinkey Lakes, Jennie Lake, and SEKI...all of which offer wonderful backpacking trips of the type you are seeking. We have some on our website...but really, you live in ...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Trip Ideas
August 25, 5:58pm

Tough terrain
For those of you who don't know this area, this area is incredibly steep---no cattle run this range--and covered with scrub oak, manzanita, and conifers. As many have noted here, this is a ver...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » California Rim Fire is getting BIG!
August 24, 7:07pm

campfires
This is the wrong year to be asking this question. There are campfires allowed in existing fire rings in campgrounds...but most National Forests and National Parks are so dry right now that th...

In Pre-Trip Planning » recommendations for trips in northern California that allows campfires?
August 23, 8:03pm

Rim Fire
And bear in mind that this area right now is pretty much uninhabitable because of the smoke and ash from the Rim Fire.

In Pre-Trip Planning » Relief Reservoir, Kennedy Meadows...Help please.
August 23, 8:01pm

All Reader Reviews by Paul Wagner

Paul Wagner has posted no reviews.