Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Christopher Holden (back2basics) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Southeast USA
About Me Christopher Holden has not added a biography yet.
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListDownload my Gear List (PDF)

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Christopher Holden

Showing 121 - 130 of 444 | Page: 1 ...4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ...45

Forum » Thread

Re: Cozy Mug
I've been thinking about the same. I'm awaiting the arrival of a Trapper Mug and have thought about the Reflectix/tape combo or maybe making a "koozie" out of an old 3mm neoprene ...

In Make Your Own Gear » Cozy Mug
August 30, 8:57pm

Re: Measuring alcohol - don't bother!
http://www.packafeather.com/fuelbottle.html This site mentions using a 20oz bottle. I didn't need all that fuel, so I found the 12oz bottles work well. I was going to look for something in the...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Carrying alcohol
August 30, 8:39pm

Re: Going up is hard, going down hurts
http://www.titaniumgoat.com/poles.html They show out of stock, but may just be waiting for materials. Send an email. You won't be disappointed if you wait. They help keep me from rolling an an...

In GEAR » Going up is hard, going down hurts
August 30, 7:10pm

Re: Found my Pan
Chris, Grilling is messy. If you're willing to bake instead and have easier cooking and cleanup, go check out The Bakepacker. You don't even have to buy their snazzy contraption. You can do...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Frying Fish
August 29, 12:47pm

Re: $30 Marmot Driclime Original
Nick, Do you have a link? The only one I see is listed as $85.

In Gear Deals » $30 Marmot Driclime Original
August 29, 3:24am

Re: bush buddy and caldera cone
I have a Ti-Tri (Caldera Cone made of Ti w/ Ti floor) for a Snow Peak Trek 900. One also exists for a BPL SUL1100. Others may work too, but these are the only two that come to mind right now.

In GEAR » bush buddy and caldera cone
August 29, 1:27am

Re: Low Fiddle Tarp
Silnylon is going to stretch or sag, depending on climate conditions. This will cause repeat adjustments. Spinnaker and cuben fiber material is less maintenace. I can second Don's suggestion f...

In GEAR » Low Fiddle Tarp
August 28, 7:15pm

Re: hard to find?
Dang. I never even considered that. I even have a lemon "zester" or whatever it's called... and a dehydrator.

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Corn & Lentil Salad - For Kathleen
August 28, 4:55pm

Re: True Orange
That's news to me too. Sounds good though. Does it mix well to make OJ on the trail? Maybe mix True Lemon with some fresh ground peppercorns for some backcountry lemon pepper trout? Yum. I'...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Corn & Lentil Salad - For Kathleen
August 28, 4:48pm

Re: camera
Ian, Agreed. I want to see a digital camera with an optical viewfinder and no, or at least a minimally sized, LCD (to extend battery life). Keep dreaming.

In Photography » Camera options for my needs
August 28, 6:25am

All Reader Reviews by Christopher Holden

Christopher Holden has posted no reviews.