Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Aaron Sorensen (awsorensen) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale South of Forester Pass
About Me Love pushing the SUL boundary's of what is possible.

Make almost all of my gear myself.
CityBay Area
StateCA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Aaron Sorensen

Showing 121 - 130 of 1349 | Page: 1 ...4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ...135

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Lighweight summer bag/quilt
Hey Jim, I also sent you a PM for another option.

In GEAR » Lighweight summer bag/quilt
June 30, 11:03am

Re: Lighweight summer bag/quilt
$175 for an EE Rev 50* bag is pretty darn good for what you get. You get high quality fabric and the ability to fully unzip and just lay it over you. You may be able to find a used one here?

In GEAR » Lighweight summer bag/quilt
June 30, 10:58am

Re: Re: Re: Update
Ok, I am mixing up Nobul 1 and 2. I thought both were 8d instead of 10d.

In Make Your Own Gear » Fabric suggestions for hot summer bag (using a liner only)
June 29, 4:49pm

Re: Update
JP, Nobul2 is just the highest quality lightest 10d fabric that Ti-Goat could find. It breaths well, it's soft, and has a light DWR. It's an okay density and is probably around a 37...

In Make Your Own Gear » Fabric suggestions for hot summer bag (using a liner only)
June 29, 11:43am

Re: Re: Re: Bay Area GGG Host
1. Site Selection • Number of People Dictates the Location • Human Waste Disposal Determines suitability of site selection • Water availability at site • Are Fires Allowed • Online...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Bay Area GGG Host
June 29, 10:52am

Re: Bay Area GGG Host
We should come up with a census of where/ when to have it, then maybe someone close to that location would step up? My vote's for Big Basin Redwoods State Park at Sequoia Campground.

In Pre-Trip Planning » Bay Area GGG Host
June 27, 8:41pm

Re: Re: Re: Does anyone have experience with SMD's flight 30 or 40?
Shoulder pockets on the Fight 40 are great. Just remember, even though we both disgust the little minor things, they are still both great packs.

In GEAR » Does anyone have experience with SMD's flight 30 or 40?
June 25, 10:47pm

Re: Re: Does anyone have experience with SMD's flight 30 or 40?
John, Ha ha, "The daisy chain between the pockets on the back perplex me - as does the huge ice ax loop - which I am tempted to cut off." I don't understand why there isn'...

June 25, 4:28pm

Re: Re: Flight 40
I'm loving the Flight 40. It doesn't take much to dial it in just perfect. Once you do, you can unclip the hip-belt and it still holds the gear on the shoulders so nicely. You can a...

June 25, 1:00pm

Re: Re:
Nobul2 is horrible for down filled quilts. I made that mistake with one of mine and I wake up each morning with hundreds on little down plums on me. Argon, Nobul1, or Pertex GL are the way to g...

June 21, 10:10am

All Reader Reviews by Aaron Sorensen

Showing 1 - 5 of 5 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Fenix L2D-CE
Everything else is just a light. For its weight, its 2-40 times brighter and lasts 5-10 time longer. Now they just need to make a 3AAA headlamp with a 5/15/35 lumens setting. The only problem...

In Lights - Flashlights & Headlamps
May 13, 10:33pm

Golite 2006 Reed Pants
I got the 2006 version with out the leg zippers because it is what I wanted, (the lighter version). I'm sure the breathability that Golite claims for it is accurate, but something twice as good...

In Clothing - Raingear
March 11, 1:20pm

Nuwai 1 Watt (HLX-712L)
The Nuwai HLX-712L ROCKS!!! I found it hear for $27 http://www.amondotech.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=874 The CR123A Batteries are only $1 each as well. I have been using the Pe...

In Lights - Flashlights & Headlamps
December 13, 8:47pm

The North Face 2005 Hightail Long
I have a few issues with this bag that will never get addressed because the new ones have been changed completely. First the good. I found it on sale for $230. The long is only 3 oz more than t...

In Sleeping Bags - Mummy & Other
December 01, 6:23pm

Gatorade Bottle
I have yet to have one of these leak on me. They have taking over as my go to water holder since they have been out. Platy's are just too finiky IMO. I just wish they made one a little bigger. ...

In Hydration - Water Storage Containers
November 30, 7:58pm