BPL Community Profile

Aaron Sorensen (awsorensen) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale South of Forester Pass
About Me Turning my hobby obsession into a part time job and maybe full time job.

I will be selling children's sleeping bags soon.
Stay tuned for updates.
CityBay Area
StateCA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Aaron Sorensen

Showing 121 - 130 of 1169 | Page: 1 ...4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ...117

Forum » Thread

Re: Zipper & X-Wide Options
A "full length" zipper is nothing like a Z-Pack. If you sewed it up half way and zipped the top, it would be, but a full length would be one sweet option.

In GEAR » Any Enigma Reports???
November 06, 9:55pm

Re: 3M 9460 tape
My only reasoning with using nylon is for the stretch. Thinking if you make the tarp taunt from the nylon with the cuben over it, then the cuben can have a lot less stress on it.

In Make Your Own Gear » .34 ounce Cuben over 10d nylon
November 03, 9:57pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: All of the above.
I wish I could find it. Then again, an article a person puts out is just their interpretation of the facts they came up with. It is not the end all be all of what may or may not be the truth.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » POP QUIZ
November 03, 9:48pm

Re: Re: Re: materials
The only other way I could imagine this may work is to use tensioners from the stake to the nylon web and tension them tight. Then lay the separate cuben piece over it that just has a 10d perime...

November 02, 7:49pm

Re: Re: Re: POP QUIZ probably wrong
I would find it in the Forums Search, but it is next to impossible to search for something now.

November 02, 6:14pm

Re: POP QUIZ probably wrong
Most people realize that they shouldn't be putting their dirty hands in there mouth. When it comes to picking your nose, not so much. There was a huge article (also posted here) about g...

November 02, 6:07pm

Re: materials
Cuben will shrink a little in sunlight. If you pull cuben to tight (stretch) it pulls at the stitching and tears little holes in it. If you have a 10d boarder, the pull and stretch would only...

November 02, 3:16pm

.34 ounce Cuben over 10d nylon
I am looking at making a "minimal fabric/weight" bivy/tarp. A trekking pole supported tarp that you can sit up in that comes down to your waist area and wraps around you as a bivy on t...

November 02, 2:02pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: google site search
My bad. I didn't realize it was BPL specific. Thought it was just a regular Google Search.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Search Forums is now a Google Search???
November 02, 1:42pm

Re: Re: Re: google site search
Just try it. Search Forums on the right side is now just a google search.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Search Forums is now a Google Search???
November 02, 1:26pm

All Reader Reviews by Aaron Sorensen

Showing 1 - 5 of 5 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Fenix L2D-CE
Everything else is just a light. For its weight, its 2-40 times brighter and lasts 5-10 time longer. Now they just need to make a 3AAA headlamp with a 5/15/35 lumens setting. The only problem...

In Lights - Flashlights & Headlamps
May 13, 10:33pm

Golite 2006 Reed Pants
I got the 2006 version with out the leg zippers because it is what I wanted, (the lighter version). I'm sure the breathability that Golite claims for it is accurate, but something twice as good...

In Clothing - Raingear
March 11, 1:20pm

Nuwai 1 Watt (HLX-712L)
The Nuwai HLX-712L ROCKS!!! I found it hear for $27 http://www.amondotech.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=874 The CR123A Batteries are only $1 each as well. I have been using the Pe...

In Lights - Flashlights & Headlamps
December 13, 8:47pm

The North Face 2005 Hightail Long
I have a few issues with this bag that will never get addressed because the new ones have been changed completely. First the good. I found it on sale for $230. The long is only 3 oz more than t...

In Sleeping Bags - Mummy & Other
December 01, 6:23pm

Gatorade Bottle
I have yet to have one of these leak on me. They have taking over as my go to water holder since they have been out. Platy's are just too finiky IMO. I just wish they made one a little bigger. ...

In Hydration - Water Storage Containers
November 30, 7:58pm