BPL Community Profile

Aaron Davis (ardavis324) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Aaron Davis hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Aaron Davis has not added a biography yet.
StateCalifornia

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Aaron Davis

Showing 121 - 130 of 267 | Page: 1 ...4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ...27

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: pads
I've been one of those not willing to sacrifice the comfort of an inflatable pad, however I am trying to not only get lighter, but get more..."efficient" if you will. I like the ide...

In GEAR » Gossamer Gear pads
December 19, 7:30pm

Gossamer Gear pads
There's the nightlite torso pad, and 3 thinlite pads (1/8", 1/4" double width, and 3/8". How do you combine these pads for comfort/warmth down near freezing? I already have...

In GEAR » Gossamer Gear pads
December 18, 9:44pm

Re: 100 miles 12 days
I don't think your group will regret this pace. Yes, it is slower than necessary but why are you out there in the first place? To enjoy things, take pictures, spend time together. There i...

In Gear Lists » JMT Late June 2014 gear list for 12 days hike southbound - from Happy isles to MTR - need overhaul ?
December 16, 7:26am

cap 4
I bought an r1 hoody recently. Just returned it to Patagonia because I never found a need for it. Tried on the cap 4, planning to buy when it goes on sale. Wouldn't get a hoody again. 1/4 z...

In GEAR » R1 or Cap 4?
December 11, 8:43pm

Re: Re: I appreciate the question
Mark, I appreciate your insight. Perhaps what you hypothesize is true. I think your #2 factor is what part of this discussion is about. Is it smarter to wear the down jacket which means probabl...

In GEAR » Sleeping on a cold night. How would you configure..
December 11, 8:50am

Re: 8# base weight
I should clarify...the 8oz weight is the total of the plastic flask filled with scotch. Also, its an optional item I don't always take.

In Gear Lists » 8# base weight high sierra gear list. critiques?
December 10, 8:58am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Sleeping on a cold night. How would you configure..
The idea is to discuss these specific variables within a sleep system, how they can be optimized, while keeping other variables separate. The sock/hat/pad talk saved for another discussion. I don&...

December 09, 11:58pm

Re: Re: Sleeping on a cold night. How would you configure..
The reason I didn't list the pad or head/footwear is because I intended for this to be an exploration in best way to layer the listed items. I think most who sleep with quilts by default use ...

December 09, 5:34pm

Re: Re: Sleeping on a cold night. How would you configure..
Interesting idea of using packliner as a vapor barrier over the feet. Never thought about that..

December 09, 10:09am

Re: PCT 2014 Fine tuning needed!
Nice list, only things I might suggest.. Pack liner bag from Gossamer gear weigh 1.2oz and worked well for me (I've heard of using turkey roasting bags too) Is 8oz of fuel enough to get...

In Gear Lists » PCT 2014 Fine tuning needed!
December 09, 8:50am

All Reader Reviews by Aaron Davis

Aaron Davis has posted no reviews.