Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Andrew F (andrew.f) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale San Francisco Bay Area
About Me Andrew F has not added a biography yet.
My PDF Gear ListEmigrant group trip list

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Andrew F

Showing 121 - 130 of 858 | Page: 1 ...4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ...86

Forum » Thread

Re: JMT/ Evolution Valley
Nice shot Jay. Looks like you caught Colby Meadow in rare form. Looking forward to more photos from your trip.

In Photo Gallery » JMT/ Evolution Valley
August 28, 10:52pm

Re: Meal Plan For Yosemite
And in case you do come back hungry, this is waiting for you at the Meadows Grill when you are finished:

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Meal Plan For Yosemite
August 28, 10:49pm

Re: Meal Plan For Yosemite
Sounds reasonable. I'm close to you in body type (5'10 180 lbs and athletic) and I eat 1.7 pounds of food per day. I usually average somewhere around 100 cal/oz so that's roughly 2700 c...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Meal Plan For Yosemite
August 28, 10:46pm

Re: John Muir Trail speed records - a question of style
Different strokes for different folks. Leor had people bring in food and camping gear for him and carried very little between "aid stations". He also had runners pace him for a good fract...

In Philosophy & Technique » John Muir Trail speed records - a question of style
August 28, 4:10pm

Re: Rafting Conditions
Drysuits, rafts, fishing gear, big bear canisters... you guys must have had heavy packs! What fishing gear did you bring? I am sure you didn't spend 30 minutes fighting a salmon with a BPL H...

In Post-Trip Reports » Traversing the Brooks Range – A Father-Son-Son Adventure
August 28, 3:45pm

Re: Traversing the Brooks Range – A Father-Son-Son Adventure
I nominate Manfred for father of the year. (And for the last several years, too...) How was the rafting? Did you guys get into anything technical? The flash flood is a bit scary, not something I...

In Post-Trip Reports » Traversing the Brooks Range – A Father-Son-Son Adventure
August 28, 2:13pm

Re: Upgrading Fall and Winter Jackets
For a synthetic jacket, also check out the Rab Xenon. At 5'10 and 180 lbs, the large fits me perfectly. For the down jacket, also check out the Montbell Mirage. Lighter/warmer than the Alpin...

In GEAR » Upgrading Fall and Winter Jackets
August 27, 11:08am

Re: Upper Kern Basin-Milestone Basin via Shepherd Pass 7/27-8/1
Your picture of Milestone Mountain made me curious, so I looked it up, and unbelievably it's only rated Class 3. Might have to incorporate climbing it into my future plans for the area. It sure...

In Post-Trip Reports » Upper Kern Basin-Milestone Basin via Shepherd Pass 7/27-8/1
August 21, 10:33pm

Re: Upper Kern Basin-Milestone Basin via Shepherd Pass 7/27-8/1
Thanks for sharing the pics Tom! I really enjoyed them. I've only been to the upper Kern once, on the JMT. I clearly need to remedy that and explore up there and Kaweah and Milestone basins too...

In Post-Trip Reports » Upper Kern Basin-Milestone Basin via Shepherd Pass 7/27-8/1
August 21, 10:22pm

Re: Re: Re:"1ST week of food for JMT"
Jay must be almost done by now. I wonder if he's camped at Guitar Lake right now?

In Photo Gallery » 1ST week of food for JMT
August 21, 10:16pm

All Reader Reviews by Andrew F

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

zpacks Company
I had the same experience as everyone else here. Joe got me a customized piece of gear on time and was very responsive to my questions and requests. Can't do much better than that.

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
September 30, 10:01am

ULA Ohm
The Ohm is my go-to pack for trips that don't require a bear can. You can fit a Bearikade in it, but it's not very comfortable because it bulges into your back. I put a plastic frame sheet fro...

In Backpacks - Frameless
November 15, 2:15pm

Katabatic Gear Alsek
See thread with pictures and comments here: http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/forums/thread_display.html?forum_thread_id=48962 I've used this quilt for about 20 nights no...

In Sleeping Bags - Quilts & Top Bags
November 15, 2:08pm