BPL Community Profile

Alan Bradley (ahbradley) - BPL Guest

My Locale Alan Bradley hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Alan Bradley has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Alan Bradley

Showing 121 - 130 of 278 | Page: 1 ...4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ...28

Forum » Thread

Cone.
Edit qtn was moved to Part 3 thread

In Editor's Roundtable » Lightweight Integrated Canister Fuel Cooking Systems State of the Market Report 2011: Part 2 – Trends, Stove Ratings, and Selections
October 10, 6:00am

OK, thanks, but it does seem rather non-intuitive
OK, thanks, but it did seem rather non-intuitive (but some science is): however, thinking about it, if the gas is in liquid form at above its bp, then it is compressed and will exert pressure becau...

In GEAR » how much (in grams) of pure propane can a 220g style can hold?
October 10, 4:32am

I meant a 220g style/shape can NOT a can holding 220g, ie can partially filled with pure propane
I wasnt asking about home refilling, just about how much pure propane a (commercially backed) I meant a 220g style can, NOT a can holding 220g of gas, ie if said can is partially filled with pure ...

October 09, 4:09pm

I meant Propane only can but partially filled
I was hoping if the cartridge was pure propane, (rather than 30% propane 70% butane) then, the can could hold an amount of extra amount of propane that giving pressure equal to the 70% butane it is...

October 09, 2:43pm

how much (in grams) of pure propane can a 220g style can hold?
If a 220g style threaded cannister can stand 30% propane with 70% other gas, then presumably it can hold more pure propane than this: i.e. could it stand 40% of 220g, 50% of 220g (=110g) propane? ...

October 09, 6:08am

Heat exchanger efficiency vs total cone enclosure
What about testing the efficiency of the above heat exchanger pots against a remote can stove heating a pot which is totally enclosed in a conic windshield (like a gas caldera cone)? Caption Par...

In Editor's Roundtable » Lightweight Integrated Canister Fuel Cooking Systems State of the Market Report 2011: Part 2 – Trends, Stove Ratings, and Selections
October 08, 12:28pm

What about a gas Caldera-style cone?
An alternative to these can-tops might be gas caldera-style cone, either with a remote hose burner inside (like http://tonysbushwalking.wordpress.com/2010/08/31/42-5gram-low-profile-remote-canister...

October 05, 4:56am

Why restrict oxygen input in a cone?
I am puzzled why you want to restrict the oxygen flow into the cone, then need a specific subset of burner(s)? Homemade clone cones seem to work OK with more input holes, the only remark I notic...

In GEAR » Ti-Tri Caldera Aluminum 12-10 alcohol stove
October 03, 5:33am

Re^8: BlowTorch as stove for tall pots and cone?
HJ said "being under pot would be more "interesting"" My thinking was a tall narrow pot has more surface area on the side than underside so if flame hits the lowest side of...

In GEAR » Male bayonet Butane canisters: why so much cheaper
October 01, 5:08am

Re^7: BlowTorch as stove for tall pots and cone?
Roger Caffin said "I find it hard to imagine something more 'minimal' than a SnowPeak GS100 or a UL Gnat stove myself. And both of those are quite efficient. Just my thoughts." ...

In GEAR » Male bayonet Butane canisters: why so much cheaper
September 30, 5:07am

All Reader Reviews by Alan Bradley

Alan Bradley has posted no reviews.