Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Gary Dunckel (Zia-Grill-Guy) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Boulder
About Me Gary Dunckel has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Gary Dunckel

Showing 121 - 130 of 1679 | Page: 1 ...4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ...168

Forum » Thread

Stix on sale too
I am also knocking 10% off the new price of a set of 6 titanium Stix. Due to the rising cost of titanium, I've had to bump up the price from $30 to $33. This has already been changed on Rob'...

In Gear Deals » We need a grill sale here on BPL
May 08, 12:08pm

NFS and sheriffs
Randy, I tend to be a regular pest at the Boulder FS district office. A couple of years ago when a fire ban was on, I asked the FS desk person what their stance was. The response was, "We go w...

In GEAR » Hikin Jim's "Dry Out West" Stove Article at GG
May 06, 4:00pm

Other ways to start forest fires
Randy, don't forget about "homemade exploding targets." This happened yesterday behind Boulder. You have to watch out for those gun guys. http://www.dailycamera.com/boulder-county-...

In GEAR » Hikin Jim's "Dry Out West" Stove Article at GG
May 06, 10:12am

Zia grill dimensions
Chad, they are 11.5" x 4.5", although the length can vary from one grill to another since they are made by hand.

May 03, 12:10pm

We need a grill sale here on BPL
So for the month of May, I'm going to have one. My regular 0.9 oz. Zia grills will be $45 shipped (regular price $50). Also, I have made up a batch of what I call the Mega Grill, which is a...

May 03, 10:43am

Re: Toilet paper
For a long time I was a user of Wet Ones, in the field and at home. Then one day the septic system guy was doing his regular maintenance thing, and he pointed out a slew of "white things"...

In GEAR » TOILET PAPER
May 03, 10:18am

Lost Creek
Gordon, you absolutely must post a trip report, with some photos, of the Lost Creek area, so that the rest of us will know how much post-holing (if any) you had to do. Have some good fun.

In Pre-Trip Planning » Getting Stoked
May 02, 4:34pm

re: Trekking poles
Hi Gordon. I think that, for me, the key attributes are weight, strength, hand comfort, being adjustable from 120-140 cm., and be compact for air travel. So my 8.6 oz. BPL carbon fiber Stix (no lon...

In GEAR » Trekking poles
May 02, 2:26pm

Shiny things
Yeah, Valerie, I wonder about that. I know that barracudas like to nibble on a snorkeler's gold earrings. I haven't done one bit of field testing on the mylar, as I made them over this past...

In GEAR » Ratsack for Grand Canyon use
May 01, 12:54pm

Outsak fortification
I love my Outsaks. Although it seems like Valerie's ravens can mess things up pretty well, the racoons, foxes, and skunks in my neighborhood don't. I chose to make 1.0 oz. cuben drawstring ...

In GEAR » Ratsack for Grand Canyon use
May 01, 12:10pm

All Reader Reviews by Gary Dunckel

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Jetboil Personal Cooking System
Mountain House's Pro Pack meal bags fit perfectly in the PCS cup. After adding the boiling water to the bag, stirring it up, and resealing it, you can empty the remaining water from the PCS, drop ...

In Stoves - Canister
March 18, 11:41am

Hilleberg Akto
I agree that the Akto is a very strong and high quality 4-season solo tent. But I must add an anecdote to illustrate the what I feel is the tent's main weakness. In early October of '06 we wer...

In Shelters - Double Wall Tents
November 28, 9:08am

Salomon Tech Amhibian
What the previous posts have neglected to mention is that the Amphib is perhaps the lightest (24 ounces/pair)"running shoe" that can be taken on a standard extended backpack trip (not fast packing) fo...

In Footwear - Boots, Shoes, Gaiters
October 18, 7:45pm