BPL Community Profile

Clint Hewitt (WalkSoftly33) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale New England
About Me I have lived in NY, CT, MA and now ME.

Areas I have hiked in:
2011: CA, Little Yosemite Valley, Local Maine Hills, Katahdin (2x)
2010: NOBO AT Thru Hike
2009: NY Bear Mt and Coldspring
2008: NY- CatSkills

Thru the years I have hit NH- White Mountains, MA- Mt. Everett, Mt. Grey Lock multiple times.

My pack weight has come along way...I think I remember years ago something about a game of horseshoes set...
CityBiddeford
StateME
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListCurrent AT - Set up

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Clint Hewitt

Showing 121 - 130 of 254 | Page: 1 ...4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ...26

Forum » Thread

Re: Rockys
+1 on Rockys Keep my feet dry when other are cold and wet. My only complaints: Slightly narrow and constricting in the fore foot Top of the sock around the ankle is inadequate. I.e if ...

In GEAR » gortex in shoes
December 14, 11:21am

Nice winter list
Wow nice list Jeremey. Seems like you have your winter setup pretty dialed in. Thanks for posting it. I look foward to seeing that MYOG down jacket. Looking at your list and Mike C. post that was r...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » New England-area GTG #2: Winter Wonderland
December 13, 8:28pm

Awesome
Thats is an awesome looking pack! I have seen other cuben packs out there and the color of this one gives it a cool silver complexion that really goes well with the DyneemaX trim. Also Im am really...

In GEAR » New Zimmerbuilt cuben pack
December 13, 8:07pm

Cool
Wow that is impressive! Few questions What was the total cost for you to make this? What was the total time? How wide is it? Can we get a picture of it packed?

In Make Your Own Gear » Inflatable down insulated sleeping pad
December 12, 9:40am

Teko Merino Wool Socks
I recommend getting a thin pair of merino wool socks. For Summer and 3 season Im usually only bring the pair of socks Im wearing, maybe a pair of thicker sleeping socks in the shoulder seasons. If ...

In GEAR » Socks: wool vs synthetic
December 12, 9:09am

nice
Thats a sweet shot!

In Other Activities » Lunar Eclipse Dec 10
December 10, 4:08pm

Re: How are you celebrating the winter solstice?
Never stood on the shores of one of the great lakes, sounds like a great way to celebrate. I think the sun does not begin to rise again till the 25th of December. On the 21st it reaches its lowe...

In Chaff » How are you celebrating the winter soltice?
December 10, 11:59am

Yup I did!
Though from the comfort of my computer. I had woken up early this morning to go out and see the eclipse. After hearing about it just before bed. Only after I woke up and fired on the computer did I...

In Other Activities » Lunar Eclipse Dec 10
December 10, 8:12am

Re: Re: Titanium Goat KG-8D
Hey thanks Chris. That thread has a lot of good info.

In Make Your Own Gear » Titanium Goat KG-8D
December 10, 7:19am

Titanium Goat KG-8D
http://www.titaniumgoat.com/Fabric.html Just curious if anyone on here has any experience with the Kelly Green 8D from titanium goat(.67oz). I have some momentum90 from thru hiker for a qu...

In Make Your Own Gear » Titanium Goat KG-8D
December 10, 6:24am

All Reader Reviews by Clint Hewitt

Clint Hewitt has posted no reviews.