BPL Community Profile

Jared Dilg (Village) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Texas
About Me Jared Dilg has not added a biography yet.
CityAustin
StateTX

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Jared Dilg

Showing 121 - 130 of 140 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

Forum » Thread

Pole model number
Jonathan, Do you have handy the exact model of shaft that you chose? I also have a Golfsmith in town but had trouble finding cheaper shafts in the .370 diameter. Yours look good too - not too fl...

In Make Your Own Gear » MYOG trekking poles
May 09, 1:06am

Re: Re: Trekking Pole Handle Connection to Grommet
Thanks, very timely! I was just considering how to attach wrist straps for the MYOG trekking poles article. That expander is excellent.

In Make Your Own Gear » Trekking Pole Handle Connection to Grommet
April 22, 11:42pm

Re: Re: Re: Quilt Seams
Doh, and I just paid for the membership. Thanks for the reminder Roger! :-)

In Make Your Own Gear » Quilt Seams
April 14, 10:28pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Quilt Seams
Tim, how close to the hemmed edges are you stitching the baffles? Do you see bits of baffle netting in between the sandwiched top-stitched seams?

In Make Your Own Gear » Quilt Seams
April 14, 3:32pm

Re: Another quilt
Looks great! What's the reason for the "extension" at the top-center? I'm sitting on 10oz of down and am starting to research a quilt project of my own. Thanks

In Make Your Own Gear » Another quilt
April 13, 10:17pm

Re: RE: Treadle
Maybe it's just that one fancy cabinet model, and US sales at that? A friend of mine is THE senior buyer for Singer Co globally and last I talked to him their treddle machines and industrials w...

In Make Your Own Gear » Sewing Machine
April 12, 7:59am

Re: bar tacking
A mil-spec 42-stitch bartack comprises of 12 straight stitches in a Z-pattern, then overlaid with 30 zig-zag stitches. You can certainly copy this pattern manually with any zig-zag domestic machine...

April 11, 12:13am

Re: Sewing Machine
Ken, I have nearly the identical Necchi! It was inherited from my grandmother a few years ago. Those older vertical-load bobbin machines are so easy to work with and share similar-enough designs th...

April 10, 11:10pm

Thanks!
Well-produced video! Thanks for sharing.

In Make Your Own Gear » Seam sealing the Moment video
April 10, 11:02pm

Re: Preparing silicone for seam sealing
Excellent, thanks for the video! Is it considered a requirement to later powder the seam with talc to prevent it from sticking to itself when packed?

In Make Your Own Gear » Preparing silicone for seam sealing
March 31, 8:22pm

All Reader Reviews by Jared Dilg

Jared Dilg has posted no reviews.