BPL Community Profile

Tony Wong (Valshar) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale San Francisco Bay Area
About Me Tony Wong has not added a biography yet.
CityEast Bay
StateCA
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Tony Wong

Showing 121 - 130 of 1453 | Page: 1 ...4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ...146

Forum » Thread

Re: Review part II on the New Down Quilt from Sierra Designs with built in hood and hand pockets
AmmonBruce, Thanks for taking the time to give us a review of your experience with the SD quilt. Eagerly waiting for Part III. Even though the thread has turned mostly into a tent discussi...

In GEAR » New Down Quilt from Sierra Designs with built in hood and hand pockets
November 15, 1:10am

Re: Katabatic Alsek short 22 degree, 20 oz 900 Fill
Eugene, Thanks....pretty thrilled with the quilt just from laying it out on the bed and snapping the neck collar around me. Complete takes care of the shoulder draft issues that I was having ...

In Gear Swap » Katabatic Alsek short 22 degree, 20 oz 900 Fill
November 07, 9:42pm

Anthony, Got the quilt today, super happy with it. Thanks for making this an easy, stress free purchase. Quilt was clean, neatly packed, and had all the parts, stuff bag, and storage bag. ...

November 07, 7:22pm

Re: 6th Annual G.G.G. etc.
Ken, I saw the post that you are referencing regarding if BPL is your life, you have a problem. I took that remark to be made half in jest and half serious. That said, please don't tak...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » 6th Annual G.G.G. 1/24-26 2014
November 04, 6:48pm

Money sent via paypal.

November 03, 12:46pm

Re: alsek
Anthony, Thanks for the quick reply and for responding to my questions and referencing the link where you bought it. Really appreciate that. I would like to buy it from you. Please feel...

November 03, 11:54am

Anthony, I am interested....two questions: What "model" year is the quilt? How would you like payment...paypal, check, gold coins.... :) Tony

November 03, 11:29am

Re: Sawyer fast fill quick disconnect accessory
Katharina, Good point. My plan is to use the squeeze bag that comes with the filter in camp, when I am not too concerned with speed of refilling up. I don't think that I would have muc...

In GEAR » New Sawyer mini: Gravity filtration vs. squeeze concept
November 03, 11:00am

Re: Sawyer fast fill quick disconnect accessory
David, I have seen these two....only thing that I don't like is that they add more parts/weight. More importantly, it concerns me that it is just another point of possible failure if the ...

November 03, 10:25am

Re: Platypus bags and Sawyer mini threading compatibility
Ken is right, I am NOT using a platypus, but Nalgene wide mouth cantene. http://www.rei.com/product/670588/nalgene-wide-mouth-cantene-32-fl-oz The weight of both the Nalgene and Jetflow c...

November 03, 10:11am

All Reader Reviews by Tony Wong

Showing 1 - 5 of 5 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Platypus Hoser 1.8 Liter Reservoir
For those of us who enjoy the convenience of of having a sip of water on demand, this is an easy way to save some weight with few negatives. The only negatives for me is the bite valve that comes w...

In Hydration - Water Storage Containers
June 29, 6:09pm

Marmot Helium (long)
I have the 2007 Model of the Marmot Helium EQ, which differs from the regular Helium in two ways. It has a full length zipper and the shell is waterproof. Weight is listed as 2 lbs 2 oz vs. 1 lb...

In Sleeping Bags - Mummy & Other
June 29, 5:29pm

Sunday Afternoon Adventure hat
How can I count the ways that I love this hat? I have been using this hat for 7 years from completely re-landscaping my yard for 2.5 yrs as well as for backpacking trips. I love that it provides...

In Clothing - Headwear, Handwear
June 29, 5:12pm

Mountain Laurel Designs Soul Bivy Side Zip (eVent Top)
Mountain Laurel Designs Soul Bivy Side Zip with eVent top, Silnylon 2.0 bottom, built in hoop wire, regular size, but in the wide option, which allows for a sleeping pad thicker than 1". Weig...

In Shelters - Bivy Sacks
June 01, 10:39pm

Sawyer In-Line Filter
Pros: Light Weight, Field Cleanable by backwashing, No Chemicals, No Pumping Cons: Setup time longer than traditional filter. Speed of filtration can vary based on conditions. Like traditional filt...

In Hydration - Water Treatment
February 07, 11:20pm