Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Jeff Jeff (TwoFortyJeff) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Jeff Jeff hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Jeff Jeff has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Jeff Jeff

Showing 121 - 130 of 767 | Page: 1 ...4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ...77

Forum » Thread

Re: PCT: jetboil or DIY stove
I used a Whitebox alcohol stove on the PCT because I wanted something that was simple, wouldn't fail, and was easy to get the right amount of fuel for. I would do so again. One caveat is that I...

In GEAR » PCT: jetboil or DIY stove
November 30, 11:06am

Montbell Frost Line or Frost Smoke with climbing helmet
Montbell says the Frost Line and Frost Smoke are compatible with helmets. Are they really roomy enough for a climbing helmet?

In GEAR » Montbell Frost Line or Frost Smoke with climbing helmet
November 29, 4:57pm

Re: When is a frameless pack practical?
They become practical when you don't want to deal with a frame. I have no clue what my Conduit weighs and I don't care. It's comfortable. They can make a much lighter internal frame pa...

In GEAR » When is a frameless pack practical?
November 26, 5:17pm

Re: Re: moah phun
Fun facts about the Gamma SV: They don't make them any more. The last iteration was cut baggy and the torso was long. Early versions were specifically cut short so as to not interfere with ...

In GEAR » Visited the new Arcteryx store in Portland
November 25, 4:43pm

Re: Re: Re: Quality
Wait.....Calculus was dry last week?!?!

November 25, 2:24pm

Re: Idea for snowshoe/crampon/short ski combo? Any potential?
A piece of plastic with a few screws won't give you any traction on snow. Not everything has to be titanium. You can make a nice crampon for snowshoes out of aluminum angle stock. Try snowsh...

In Make Your Own Gear » Idea for snowshoe/crampon/short ski combo? Any potential?
November 24, 10:29pm

Re: Re: guy lines
The two long lines for the ridge and the four short ones for the corners stay on. I keep 2 or 4 more short sections loose with the stakes in case I need to stabilize for high wind.

In GEAR » flat tarp
November 24, 6:46pm

Re: Re: Visited the new Arcteryx store in Portland
"My next big purchase is a down puffy. Who makes em with a cinch cord?" Montbell, Mountain Hardwear, Feathered Friends, and I am sure many many others as well.

November 23, 7:19pm

Re: BJ
I have a silny grace solo. I can drop the foot a lot lower and still keep the head up high. Come to think of it, I always hit the side of my face on the guyline when getting out. Especially if the ...

In GEAR » flat tarp
November 21, 8:03pm

Re: ??
Tarps don't suck, but flat tarps do. Versatility sounds nice in theory, but most people stick with just one pitch. An A-frame pitch with a flat tarp is not going to pitch as tight as a cate...

In GEAR » flat tarp
November 21, 6:38pm

All Reader Reviews by Jeff Jeff

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Equinox 8 X 10 silnylon tarp
I bought this tarp the replace the blue walmart tarp I started out with. I was wary of the grommets at first, but I have had it staked out as tight as a drum and they haven't gotten loose at al...

In Shelters - Tarps & Floorless
August 23, 10:38pm