Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Steven Adeff (TinCanFury) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Boston
About Me Steven Adeff has not added a biography yet.
CityBoston
StateMA
My PDF Gear ListMy Overall Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Steven Adeff

Showing 121 - 130 of 563 | Page: 1 ...4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ...57

Forum » Thread

Re: cellophane
another option: buy an XXXL rain jacket... I believe that is the sign it is time for me to leave work for the day.

In GEAR » How do you keep your foam sleeping pad dry?
August 07, 4:18pm

Re: ghetto gear
What Rodger suggests. Me likes. I wonder if the larger corn bags would fit over an entire pad? they are a heavier plastic though...

August 07, 4:07pm

Re: Horizontal Rain
yes, but mounted horizontally I believe the edge absorption would be minimal, especially with movement where the drops would shake off where mounted vertically they would have more time to penetrat...

August 07, 4:04pm

Re: Hrmm
Bryce's pad was PEF as far as I can tell. I had a CCF pad, which I had strapped to the back of my pack vertically after being rolled. The CCF pad, from all indications, looked to have absorb...

August 07, 3:47pm

Re: No dice
zing-it it is light and more than strong enough for a tarp, you may even be able to find another line that is lighter and strong enough. add in a couple Dutch hooks of your choice and you have a q...

In SuperUltraLight (SUL) Backpacking Discussion » SUL in a hammock... Lil' help?
August 02, 4:05pm

Re: Re: Re: Guyline for Tarp Ridgeline...
more or less yes. you could go with a ridgeline whoopie that you can easily adjust in the hammock so that with your body weight it is taught.

In SuperUltraLight (SUL) Backpacking Discussion » SUL in a hammock... Lil' help?
August 02, 2:38pm

Re: Guyline for Tarp Ridgeline...
the tree straps are not "tight" on the tree, so you will not have as taught a tarp line as you may desire. this is where Dutch's various clips come in handy.

August 02, 2:32pm

bringing a larger tent...
perhaps I'll bring my three person tent just in case Bryce finds himself in a half broken hammock with a tree on top of him...

July 31, 3:57pm

Re: Meeting Location
?

In Pre-Trip Planning » Doing some Presidentials in NH (Aug. 3 - 6), ~25mi, wanna go?
July 30, 9:54am

Re: Legal?
there is no law against it. it's just frowned upon. http://www.fs.usda.gov/Internet/FSE_DOCUMENTS/stelprdb5363715.pdf it's been that way for more than 3 years. that said, they may be...

In GEAR » Hiking in the Whites, 1st wknd in August, need above treeline advice.
July 20, 12:13pm

All Reader Reviews by Steven Adeff

Steven Adeff has posted no reviews.