BPL Community Profile

Chris Chastain (Thangfish) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale S. Central NC, USA
About Me Chris Chastain has not added a biography yet.
CityCameron
StateNC
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Chris Chastain

Showing 121 - 130 of 251 | Page: 1 ...4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ...26

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: cuben Poncho
> On me, the parcho goes down nearly to top of thigh/bottom of butt. Yeah, that's what it looked like in the photos. I wear chaps when it REALLY rains (temp dependent), and it might not ...

In GEAR » Lightest Poncho?
April 05, 12:05pm

cuben Poncho
I thought your house looked like a gear store. I was gonna be really impressed. On the poncho... it looks like it might be a little too short for my preferences. How tall are you?

April 05, 8:36am

Re: Re: Lightest Poncho?
> Hands down the lightest poncho will be to order the QuestOutfitters Parcho I really want to see this. I guess you haven't had a chance to use it yet?

April 03, 6:02pm

Re: Re: Lightest Poncho?
> I can't imagine it would last long with pack straps and hipbelt rubbing on it. Wouldn't you wear your pack *under* the poncho? I do.

April 02, 3:05pm

WickedLight
Hey guys... I own one of these. It's an older model and his specs are correct. Killer bag. My main summer (and shoulder season) bag. I love it. Somebody better jump on this one. It was a...

In Gear Swap » FS:WickedLight 45deg 800 reg bag
April 02, 2:50pm

Which way is up?
> Ben... how can the platty be upside down... how does the water get to up to the hose outlet, or am I all confused? Just a matter of what each of you consider to be "upside down", ...

In GEAR » Aquamira LIQUID drops vs. Aquamira TABLETS
March 31, 5:24pm

"Pink guns are sweet"
I agree... sorta.

In Chaff » Stop Blaming Guns!!!
March 31, 4:09am

WTB: FlexAir Dual Compartment Pillow
Thanks Kevin! Since the last pillow I had stashed leaked in one chamber, and BPL has stopped re-stocking, I really appreciate it!

In Gear Swap » WTB: FlexAir Dual Compartment Pillow
March 29, 5:00pm

Washing backpack
Hah! My Granite Gear Virga (which I only use for running, weighted with water jugs, these days) is in the wash as we speak. Got dog pee on it! Don't ask. Anyway, if you have a front-loade...

In GEAR » Washing backpack
March 25, 8:11pm

hot knife options
Some options... I own the butane type but have -never- used it for anything remotely similar to what you are talking about, so no recommendations. Harbour Freight used to have one similar, but I ca...

In Make Your Own Gear » hot knife buying advice?
March 22, 2:09pm

All Reader Reviews by Chris Chastain

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Dirty Girl Gaiters
Dirty Girl Gaiters are cheap, light, breathable, simple and dang cool looking. What else could you ask for in the way of general usage ultralight backpacking gaiters? Only one thing... I wish they wo...

In Footwear - Boots, Shoes, Gaiters
October 27, 10:07pm