BPL Community Profile

steven franchuk (Surf) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale steven franchuk hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me steven franchuk has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by steven franchuk

Showing 121 - 130 of 385 | Page: 1 ...4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ...39

Forum » Thread

Re: Sierra Design Cloud clothing and DWR
I don't own any Sierra Design clothing. but added a wash in DWR generally donesn't add any weight to the fabric. It also will not make it waterproof. DWR just prevents water from stickin...

In GEAR » Sierra Design Cloud clothing and DWR
June 22, 11:00am

Re: Re: Re: curious
"I've had a couple of gore-tex jackets delaminate, but does PU?" I have had 2 backpacks, rain pants, rain jacket, and 2 stuff sacks with PU coating delaminate, or disintegrate. Mo...

In GEAR » Berghaus 110 gram waterproof smock
June 22, 10:47am

Re: Any gaiter will do
"The reason being that for most snakes, the fangs and venom delivery are separate. The fangs are intended the break the skin, while the venom is sprayed on from a gland elsewhere in the mouth....

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Recommended snake proof gaiters?
June 21, 1:51pm

Re: Re: Weight vs. time
30 minutes is the time required to kill viruses and bacteria. Aquamira drops and tablets need 4 hours to kill Cryptosporidium in EPA water purification tests. The time required to treat water will...

In GEAR » Gravity filter vs. Aqua Mira: The age-old question
June 20, 5:43pm

Try the Sawyer in line sollution
I tried tablets but found I wasn't always treating the water long enough. So I purchased the Sawyer in line filter. Basically you cut your blader hose near the bladder and insert the filters....

In GEAR » Gravity filter vs. Aqua Mira: The age-old question
June 20, 12:37pm

Re: independant blue adapter for the sawyer Squueze?
You can buy replacement adaptors through Sawyers web site. Probably comes in a set and you might end up with and extra gray adaptor. If you call them they might just sell you only the one you need.

In GEAR » independant blue adapter for the sawyer Squueze?
June 18, 1:51pm

Re: Re: Combat Gauze, Celox, super glue, and snake bites
"seek medical attention." Some rattle snakes such as the Mojave Green have a potent neurotoxin that can kill within hours. Even if the snake doesn't have the neurotoxin in its veno...

In Make Your Own Gear » Lightweight First Aid
June 16, 3:40pm

Combat Gauze, Celox, super glue, and snake bites
In regards to Quick Clot, It is my understanding that Celox is the cloting agent used in the current Combat Gauze. Celox does not produce heat when applied and unlike Quick Clot it doesn't nee...

In Make Your Own Gear » Lightweight First Aid
June 16, 9:48am

Re: Extra waterproofing?
"I've heard that the clothing type Tyvek fabric is by itself only somewhat highly water resistant (whereas the Homewrap is noticeably more so), wouldn't it be a good idea to coat it wi...

In Make Your Own Gear » $10 Tyvek coveralls converted to 2.95oz jacket & 1.73oz chaps.
June 15, 1:26am

Re: chemicals...
"The trouble I have with iodine or chlorine is I don't like drinking poison." Are you aware that your body needs iodine to live? Iodine requires about 30 minutes of time to kill e...

In GEAR » water conundrum
June 12, 7:13pm

All Reader Reviews by steven franchuk

steven franchuk has posted no reviews.