Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Summit CO (Summit) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale 9300ft
About Me Summit CO has not added a biography yet.
StateColorado

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Summit CO

Showing 121 - 130 of 144 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

Forum » Thread

Areogel!
Wow! I stand corrected! Thank you for the links! Perhaps it is usable afterall!... PacOut is looking to use it in their InsulMats! w00t! Through 1/oz 1/8" layer on the bottom of any pad and ...

In GEAR » Low cost 20-35F bags?
June 23, 12:28pm

USAPhotomaps
www.jmdcox.com great and free photo/topo

In Chaff » Free mapping software?
June 23, 11:54am

Re: Re: aerogel and honeycomb blankets
AEROGEL BLANKETS??????? That is crazy talk. IIRC Aerogel is niether durable, nor shock resistant, nor flexible, nor fibrous, nor compressible and to top it all off water makes it disentigrate. T...

In GEAR » Low cost 20-35F bags?
June 23, 1:05am

Closed+Air/Open Cell
General advice I've seen for dual mat winter camping has been to place the closed cell on top of the self inflator or air matress. Your experience seems to confirm that advice. The reasoning ...

In GEAR » UL Sleeping Pad - Thermarest Ridge Rest vs Gossamer Nighlight vs Others
June 22, 9:14pm

Short trips
I'd be glad to do some day hikes or overnights in Summit/Grand/Eagle/ClearCreek/Park/Lake counties. My schedule is generally quite open. parmet "at" kc "dot" rr "dot" com And I don't think 10 m...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Colorado Trail 2007
June 22, 7:06pm

FA Training & Other Gear
Dale: I've always felt that lightweight shouldn't compromise safety. I've also seen people rationalize their survival/1st aid kits in the name of weight and they get away with it because they've...

In Gear Lists » 1lb Survival/First Aid kit for scrutiny
June 22, 4:29pm

GG 2nds
Check out the GG website they have seconds available for like 60% or 70% off right now.

In Gear Swap » Wanted: Gossamer Gear Nightlight 3./4 pad
June 22, 3:52pm

Down Mat/Moisture
Dale - You are absolutely correct that exhaled moisture would kill the down air mats. That is why they all have stuff sacks that double as pumps or they have 1oz micropumps. Kevin - Air is an ex...

In GEAR » UL Sleeping Pad - Thermarest Ridge Rest vs Gossamer Nighlight vs Others
June 22, 1:54pm

R values add
1. Yes the R values are simply added (negating boundry effects, air circulation, etc) more or less adding is the rule. 4. Interesting idea of an aluminized or mylar top layer on a ground pad... ...

June 22, 1:45pm

Steel vs Cu
I've used copper sucessfull in the past to repair AT bindings in the field. The other purposes for the wire were to be: equipment repairs, improvised stretcher/shelter construction, emergency snare...

In Gear Lists » 1lb Survival/First Aid kit for scrutiny
June 22, 1:42pm

All Reader Reviews by Summit CO

Summit CO has posted no reviews.