BPL Community Profile

Chad Poindexter (Stick) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Wet & Humid Southeast....
About Me I have been backpacking a little over 3 years now, but in that time I have logged a number of trail miles and went through a lot of gear trying to find my sweet spot. Now, thanks to cuben fiber, alcohol stoves, down and of course a better understanding, my TPW has severly dropped! My cold weather BPW is 9 - 10 lbs and my warm weather BPW is 5 - 6 lbs.
About 95% of the time I hike with family or friends and in the SouthEastern states. My favorites places to get away are anywhere along the AT as well as in the Great Smoky Mountains.
CityCorinth
StateMS
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://stick13.wordpress.com/
My PDF Gear ListGear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Chad Poindexter

Showing 121 - 130 of 552 | Page: 1 ...4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ...56

Forum » Thread

Re: Does my Hexamid solo need a beak?
When I bought my solo plus Hexamid tent, I added the beak. When I bought my solo plus Hexamid tarp afterwards, I decided I liked the beak enough to add it to the tarp too. I enjoy having it in rain...

In GEAR » Does my Hexamid solo need a beak?
July 22, 5:24pm

Re: Re: TH M90 V2 & 3 Carification
Doh... so simple... :) Sorry guys...

In GEAR » Comparing m90 to Pertex
July 17, 8:26am

REI Kingdom 4
I have the REI Kingdom 4 tent for me and my family. As an UL backpacker, I have grown quite accustomed to buying a particular item for a particular need, so I didn't mind buying a larger tent t...

In GEAR » car camping tent
July 17, 8:24am

TH M90 V2 & 3 Carification
Tim, would you mind clarifying which colors are v2 & which are v3? I notice on the TH site that in the description for M90 MR he adds a note that says: "M90v2 fabric is more water resistan...

In GEAR » Comparing m90 to Pertex
July 17, 7:59am

Re: Hexanet bug shelter
Yup, they are back! And mine should be here to me today... in just a few minutes actually! :) There have been some changes made to it vs the original design, mainly the fact that this one will ...

In GEAR » Hexanet bug shelter
July 12, 2:05pm

Re: you are me choose the best quilt possible
I would suggest an all 10D Revelation quilt from Tim and see about getting a sewn footbox. Going all 10D should drop the weight down to about 23.25 oz, and without the zipper may drop another oz or...

In GEAR » you are me choose the best quilt possible
July 08, 7:44pm

Re: Zebralight H50* vs Xtar H1
All I can say is that I love my ZLH51 and wouldn't trade it. It's a great light and I am happy to have spent the $$ on it.

In GEAR » Zebralight H50* vs Xtar H1
July 06, 6:56pm

Re: Hexamid question: lines and line-locs
For me here in the SE, I have been fine just using the precut lines without needing LineLocs. That doesn't mean that I have been able to place each stake on the first try either... there has be...

In GEAR » Hexamid question: lines and line-locs
July 05, 1:10pm

Re: Yama Mountain Gear
So, were those your pictures I saw on FB? As far as the tents, I was probably one of the first to get one when they were made available to the public. I agree with your thoughts, Gen has done an...

In GEAR » Yama Mountain Gear
July 05, 1:04pm

Re: FS: GoLite Pinnacle Pack - Mens, Medium - barely used $80 shipped
I am asking for a friend... What size waist would you say the medium would fit? Also, do you remember the torso size on the medium? Thanks

In Gear Swap » FS: GoLite Pinnacle Pack - Mens, Medium - barely used $80 shipped
June 23, 9:03pm

All Reader Reviews by Chad Poindexter

Chad Poindexter has posted no reviews.