Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Chad "Stick" Poindexter (Stick) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Wet & Humid Southeast....
About Me My stomping grounds are the SE US, and 90% of the time, somewhere on the AT in GA, TN, or NC. Other times I enjoy going to the Smokies, or other smaller wilderness areas such as the Savage Gulf area.
Most of my trips are between 2 - 5 days long, with rare 7 day long trips. My total pack weights are generally under 20 lbs, unless trying new gear, or carrying extra for the kids. In the dead of summer, I enjoy SUL hikes, and have given thought to XUL (almost there...)
CityRight Here
StateMS
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://stick13.wordpress.com/
My PDF Gear ListBasic 30 - 50 F Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Chad "Stick" Poindexter

Showing 121 - 130 of 704 | Page: 1 ...4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ...71

Forum » Thread

Re: Is a cuben tarp aided by being cat-cut in the same way as silnylon tarps?
I agree, with my cuben 10 x 6.5 rectangular flat tarp from ZPacks, I cant get a super tight pitch when setting it up in A frame. A cat cut would definitely help that though. But, that's ok beca...

In GEAR » Is a cuben tarp aided by being cat-cut in the same way as silnylon tarps?
September 11, 10:14am

Re: EL Anorak Down Fill Weight...
I got an email today from Montbell stating that the current specs are correct. The initial specs were based on a pre-production model. But, they assured me that all that have been shipping out are ...

In GEAR » MontBell EX Light Down Anorak
September 09, 2:29pm

EL Anorak Down Fill Weight...
I am still waiting on my Ex Light Anorak to show up from ProLite Gear... hopefully by Wednesday! Anyway, in anticipation, I was browsing the Montbell site (again) today, and clicked back on the ...

September 08, 7:32pm

Re: Cleaning Sawyer Mini After Long Periods
I would suggest backflushing it with a couple of syringes of clean water, and if all is going well, dilute a little bit of bleach in some more water and give it a few good backflushes with the solu...

In GEAR » Cleaning Sawyer Mini After Long Periods
September 07, 9:50am

UL Down Inner Parka Sold
Todd, info sent. EDIT: UL Down Inner Parka sold to Todd.

In Gear Swap » Montbell UL Down Inner Parka & Ex Light
September 06, 7:49pm

Montbell UL Down Inner Parka & Ex Light
I was quite happy with having the option of using either my Ex Light or my UL Down Inner Parka, but then the new Ex Light Anorak came out... and I think it will fill both of these options for me (l...

In Gear Swap » Montbell UL Down Inner Parka & Ex Light
September 06, 7:16pm

ex light
I have an Ex Light in XL that I am going to be looking to sell. About a year old, excellent condition, 6.4 oz and would like $130.

In Gear Swap » WTB: Sub 8oz Down top
September 03, 11:06am

Re: regular ccf pad under large inflatable pad.
IME, ccf on top for noticeable warmth bump, and under for extra protection... Of course being under, it will likely provide a little more warmth too, but I couldn't tell it until I moved the cc...

In GEAR » regular ccf pad under large inflatable pad.
September 02, 7:48pm

Re: Eric
I have been just fine hanging out around camp at 20 F with a cap 2 long sleeve crew, R1 pullover (not the hooded version) and my MB UL Down Parka. I also had my rain shell to throw over it all if I...

In GEAR » Down jackets. Help me finally choose.
September 02, 6:39pm

Re: Re: Re: love it
Thanks for the info Serge. And yeah... I gave in... after posting that yesterday I placed an order for a large from ProLite Gear. At 5'10" and 175 lbs, I think I could have gotten away wit...

September 02, 4:33am

All Reader Reviews by Chad "Stick" Poindexter

Chad "Stick" Poindexter has posted no reviews.