BPL Community Profile

Steven Evans (Steve_Evans) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Canada
About Me Steven Evans has not added a biography yet.
CityToronto
CountryCanada
My Website URLhttp://www.suluk46.com
My PDF Gear ListZion National Park - Mid May

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Steven Evans

Showing 121 - 130 of 2070 | Page: 1 ...4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ...207

Forum » Thread

Re: Snowshoeing The Western Uplands Trail
Philip, Its a fun trail in the winter. It was tough for me, but I admit, I've spent alot of time sitting at my desk this winter and really struggled on the 2nd day. :)

In Post-Trip Reports » Snowshoeing The Western Uplands Trail
February 07, 9:12pm

Re: Snowshoeing The Western Uplands Trail
Mathew, I paddle a couple times a year, but for the most part I hike. I used to go on at least one big canoe trip with my Dad every year and I only started hiking when I was old enough to go on my ...

February 06, 2:21pm

Re: Waterproof/Breathable Cuben Fiber Jacket
Long story short, I didn't really get a chance to try it out this weekend. Javan, I'm learning alot about this stuff just from your posts in this thread. I only had the hard numbers on ...

In Make Your Own Gear » Waterproof/Breathable Cuben Fiber Jacket
February 06, 1:17pm

Snowshoeing The Western Uplands Trail
I did a fun 3 day snowshoe trip last week and thought I would share it with you guys. The Western Uplands Trail is located about 2.5 hours north of me in Algonquin Provincial Park. It is quite busy...

February 06, 1:01pm

Re: Waterproof/Breathable Cuben Fiber Jacket
Javan, I was looking at your mitts that you were offering up a little while ago. I realize the fabric was a different version than in this jacket but it appeared as though you used the fabric in t...

February 05, 12:03pm

Re: Re: Waterproof/Breathable Cuben Fiber Jacket
Javan, Thanks for the heads up! I really don't have any field experience with this fabric. I figured a jacket would be a good way for me to see how it performs. I'm off this weekend with i...

February 05, 8:20am

Re: "Kooka Bay"
I'm pretty sure he is swamped with orders. Unless things have changed, he makes every one by hand. If it makes you feel any better, I payed on November 2nd and am waiting patiently at the windo...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Kooka Bay
February 05, 8:10am

Waterproof/Breathable Cuben Fiber Jacket
I just had this finished up today so I haven't put up a webpage on it yet - I'll update this page when I do. I'm away/busy this weekend so I'll just give you a preliminary look. It ...

February 04, 5:20pm

Re: A Little Help Please
It looks to me like you just need to tighten everything up but sometimes getting that super tight pitch can be tricky - all good advice above though and could very well solve your problem. I mad...

In GEAR » A Little Help Please
February 04, 1:14am

Re: Snap looploc buckles?
If they are what I think they are, then they're called "slik clips" You can get them open on both sides (siamese slik clips) or just the one side. They sell them at my local MEC...

In GEAR » snap looploc buckles?
February 04, 12:50am

All Reader Reviews by Steven Evans

Showing 1 - 6 of 6 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Forty Below Light Energy TR Overboots/Simple Slippers
First off, here is the system I currently use: 1st: Thin liner sock, 2nd: Vapour Barrier Liner, 3rd: Montrail Hardrocks, 4th: 40 Below TR Overboot Why did I purchase the 40 Below Overboot?...

In Footwear - Boots, Shoes, Gaiters
May 14, 8:29am

Nunatak Arc AT
If you are thinking about this quilt, go for it. This system is the best I have used...just make sure you are ready for it. Paired with my Nunatak Skaha Plus, this is my 3 season sleep setup. I hav...

In Sleeping Bags - Quilts & Top Bags
December 19, 12:03pm

TarpTent Double Rainbow
With only one review for the rainbow, I had to put my 2 cents in here. Adding on the above post. Straight out of the box (tent, stuff sack, stakes etc.) and thrown on a scale, mine comes in at 4...

In Shelters - Single Wall Tents
February 20, 7:02am

Patagonia Ready Mix Softshell Jacket
I bought this on a whim just over a year ago after reading some reviews on it. This has turned out to be my go-to jacket for all my winter activities. From snowboarding to snowshoeing, there is no rea...

In Clothing - Wind & Soft Shell
February 20, 6:39am

Feathered Friends Customer Service
While the products are great, I purchased a 2 sets of Down Booties (which were in stock) on Jan-15th. Credit Card was charged same day and product was to be shipped next day. 3 weeks later I started t...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
February 19, 10:35pm

Six Moon Designs Essence '07
Simply put, this pack had everything I was looking for - in order of importance: 1)Panel Loading for easy organization 2)Hip belt pockets for regularly accessed items 3)Mesh side pockets for dryi...

In Backpacks - Frameless
February 19, 10:25pm