BPL Community Profile

Walter Carrington (Snowleopard) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Mass.
About Me Walter Carrington has not added a biography yet.
CityAshburnham
StateMA
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Walter Carrington

Showing 121 - 130 of 565 | Page: 1 ...4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ...57

Forum » Thread

Spring Box.
I don't think an Opsak would work well for you. A bit more elaborate would be to build a spring box [From Kephart, Camping and Woodcraft] You could probably use a plastic storage bin and a ...

In GEAR » Just how submersible is the Loksak OPsak?
April 23, 12:15pm

Monadnock-Sunapee, black flies.
Hey, have fun out there. Black flies were out on Mt. Watatic yesterday (15 miles from Monadnock). They're not biting yet but are getting annoying. You might think about bringing a little ...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » New England GGG #3 Springtime!
April 20, 7:59am

Film cameras.
"Verichrome Pan, which I consider to be the best b/w 120 landscape film ever made." Yes!! I have a bunch of antique folding cameras. There were some really good and relatively light 62...

In Photography » Film Camera
April 17, 5:57pm

'Knapsack Problem'
This is a variation of the 'Knapsack Problem'. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Knapsack_problem

In Gear Lists » Price per piound
April 17, 1:54pm

RE: World trip gear?
I think a Golite Jam is too small for the cold extreme. My -20F down sleeping bag won't fit into mine with any space left for other gear and clothes. You could make a sturdy pack cover or b...

In Gear Lists » World trip clothes and gear?
April 14, 3:49pm

Bug in ear in the jungle.
This happened to me in the Amazon. It's a very odd and unpleasant sensation to have a bug buzzing inside your ear. Fortunately, it wasn't one of the very nasty little wasps that were a p...

In GEAR » why I use bug netting...
April 14, 7:49am

Mora knives are a bargain.
A good online place to get Mora knives is: http://www.ragweedforge.com/SwedishKnifeCatalog.html (good prices, good service) I have the traditional #1, carbon steel and the #546 stainless steel...

In GEAR » Mora Campanion MG Stainless Knife
April 07, 9:09am

Carbon monoxide.
Many alcohol stoves produce relatively high levels of carbon monoxide. Using one indoors is not a good idea. CO will give you headaches. If you're getting headaches testing stoves with lim...

In GEAR » Safest Fuel for Alcohol Stove??
April 06, 5:49pm

AT gear.
You'll need more warm clothes up north than I see on your gear list. I don't know if you'll need more in the southern mountains at that time (no experience down there). For ticks an...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Last minute change from CT to AT?
April 05, 4:32pm

Permethrin on technical fabrics?
John asked, "Can you spray permethrin directly on cuben and other technical fabrics?" My guess is that it should be safe, but I don't know how long it will last. It should work OK...

In GEAR » ticks in your gear while you're in the bug bivy?
April 03, 9:30am

All Reader Reviews by Walter Carrington

Walter Carrington has posted no reviews.