Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Roman Ryder (RomanLA) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Southwest Louisiana
About Me I'm an avid backpacker and whitewater kayaker, so I spend most of my free time in the mountains.
My Website URLhttp://www.riverlesspaddled.com
My PDF Gear List3+ Season Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Roman Ryder

Showing 121 - 129 of 129 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Forum » Thread

Solo
That's rough. I'll be backpacking solo in the Sierras next year. I love the solitude of being in the wilderness alone. I also kayak alone, which obviously isn't advised.

In Philosophy & Technique » Death in Emmigrant
October 19, 1:13pm

Packing
I've read quite a few backpacking books and there were a couple of suggestions that I really liked. One of them was using a foam sleeping pad and putting it in the bag first so that it gave the...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Packing
October 19, 11:05am

Layering
There are long sleeve shirts made for layering. They are the ones that have buttons on the arm to roll up your sleeves. My clothing consists of the following: 1x ExOfficio Boxer Briefs 1x North...

In GEAR » A different layering question
October 18, 10:23am

Wenger
I'm using a Wenger Esquire Swiss Army Knife. It has pen blade, springless scissors, nail file, toothpick, tweezers, and key ring. 0.7 oz

In GEAR » What knife do you carry backpacking?
October 17, 8:20am

Virga
I'm in Lake Charles. The outfitter I mentioned was Pack & Paddle in Lafayette. I could probably get away with the Virga. The 20lb weight limit worries me a little bit though. I'm hop...

In GEAR » Pack Comparison
October 16, 6:51pm

Packs
He didn't give me a lot of details on the GoLite packs. He just said that he ran into a couple on the trail that were both having pack failures. The man's was bad enough that it was giving ...

October 16, 6:22pm

Re: Pack Comparison
Alright the GoLite is out. I talked to my local outfitter today. He saw two people on the Colorado Trail a couple weeks ago with GoLite packs that were falling apart. He confirmed what I was thinki...

October 16, 3:01pm

Pack Comparison
I'm down to buying my last few pieces of gear. The first one I'd like to decide on is my pack. I'm looking for a pack to use for about a week at a time. Right now my only planned trips ...

October 16, 7:26am

Re: re Guadalupe winds
I stayed in a Kelty Teton 2 in Hot Springs National Park during Hurricane Gustav. I was told that the winds were over 60mph. I was having trouble getting the aluminum stakes that came with the tent...

In Gear Lists » Newbie Guadalupe peak Tarp\bivy or Tent
October 15, 6:59am

All Reader Reviews by Roman Ryder

Roman Ryder has posted no reviews.