BPL Community Profile

ROBERT TANGEN (RobertM2S) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Lake Tahoe
About Me From planet Bllffftx.
CityReno
StateNV
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by ROBERT TANGEN

Showing 121 - 130 of 529 | Page: 1 ...4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ...53

Forum » Thread

Ueli Steck impoverished?
Re: “I'm pretty sure he could afford a $5000 eider down suit.” If he can afford Eiderdown, why doesn’t he use Eiderdown garments, instead of the cheap, mass-produced stuff that Mountain ...

In GEAR » A 10 lb baseweight for Alpine Climbs
July 19, 12:59pm

Bah MH
MH says, "Steck’s style of Alpine Speed Climbing requires new equipment—gear lighter, simpler and more efficient than anything before." You can't see the implication that Steck&#...

July 18, 8:40pm

Bah Humbug to MH
In my not-so-humble opinion, Mountain Hardware’s suggestion that their super gear has contributed to Ueli Steck’s accomplishments is utter nonsense. They specifically hint that Ueli’s gear h...

July 18, 8:16pm

Reflective Rocket
Douglas Ide said: “I bought the Brooks Range Rocket tent, which is the reflective cuben.” Douglas, have you formed an over-all impression of the Rocket? P.S. I heard of one owner who thoug...

In GEAR » Terra Nova Ultra 2 two man tent
July 13, 6:50pm

Red Hot heel cups
Among the various Superfeet insoles, the following has the narrowest and most supportive heel cup: "Superfeet REDhot Premium Winter Insoles. Designed for ski and snowboard boots, the Superfee...

In GEAR » Boot fit
July 02, 12:36pm

GU packets = food?
Will the rangers ticket you for leaving GU packets outside of the bear canister? P.S. I always thought a bear canister was for carrying bear meat, live and learn.

In GEAR » Bear canister on SHR - two questions
June 30, 7:12pm

I am not sure how my homemade G4 would hold up.
I have an old, commercially-made G4 and I don't think it has enough structure to transfer much weight to the hips, so all the weight just hangs off your shoulders. Take a look at the BPL artic...

In Gear Lists » First hiking trip / first shot at gear list
June 29, 10:35pm

Don't overlook the Six Moons tent
The Terra Nova uses “one 7.55 mm Scandium Alloy aluminum center hoop pole, and two end carbon fiber struts.” The brand new Six Moons tent uses: “a dual (trekking or optional fixed length) po...

In GEAR » MLD Solo Trailstar
June 23, 12:29pm

Six Moons uses trekking poles
The Terra Nova uses “one 7.55 mm Scandium Alloy aluminum center hoop pole, and two end carbon fiber struts.” The Six Moons tent uses: “a dual (trekking or optional fixed length) pole support...

In Editor's Roundtable » Terra Nova Laser Ultra 1 Tent Review
June 23, 12:24pm

Is backless now fashionable?
Has anyone tried on this backless piece? Here’s what C.A.M.P. says: “The amazing Flash Anorak is unlike any other shell on the market—it has no back! This ultralight windshell is carried in...

In GEAR » Is backless now fashionable?
June 16, 5:22pm

All Reader Reviews by ROBERT TANGEN

Showing 1 - 4 of 4 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Zpacks Arc Blast 60 liter
I received my Zpacks Arc Blast, the large 60 liter, 17.0 oz. size for winter loads, and love it. If you are worried about getting poked, don’t worry, the stays terminate at the bottom end BEHIND the ...

In Backpacks - External Frame
September 13, 6:24pm

Rab Boreas extremely thin soft shell
1. David Chenault: “I'm a huge fan. It's been a great layer for BC skiing thus far. I expect it to be fairly bug proof too.” 2. Noted mountain climber Nils Nielsen: “The last month I’ve be...

In Clothing - Wind & Soft Shell
March 06, 3:44pm

WalMart / "Starter" compression shorts
(Others have written that they like these, and I agree.) The WalMart / “Starter” compression shorts are: 1. Long enough to prevent abrasion, even if you have massively muscled, Greek God-like thighs...

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - SYNTHETIC
May 02, 1:12pm

MLD 2009 Revelation
Five Stars! I love the new 2009 Revelation from Mountain Laurel Designs! I haven’t wrung it out like Ryan Jordan did for the pack he recently reviewed, so I don’t have his detailed data base, but th...

In Backpacks - Frameless
May 21, 6:12pm