BPL Community Profile

Dave . (Ramapo) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Dave . hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me This user does not want you to know his biography.
CityBurlington, VT
My PDF Gear ListDownload my Gear List (PDF)

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Dave .

Showing 121 - 130 of 759 | Page: 1 ...4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ...76

Forum » Thread

Open Country 2 Quart Kettle
With winter coming up, some forum members might be looking for a larger cookpot for snow melting. I just learned about theOpen Country 2 Quart Kettle: http://www.wildernessdining.com/oc436885.ht...

In GEAR » Open Country 2 Quart Kettle
October 31, 8:06pm

Crampons
Craig's advice is good, especially if you will be hiking mostly on snow. However, if you'll be hiking on mixed terrain (hard ice & rock in addition to snow) I suggest you buy steel c...

In Winter Hiking » Crampons
October 31, 1:27pm

Wolves & ranchers & biodiversity
David, I don't think that link is working. What's the gist of the article? Also, nice carrots, dude.

In On the Web » Coyotes Kill Hiker in Canada
October 30, 11:35am

Wolves are good for biodiversity
http://www.missoulian.com/lifestyles/territory/article_3ec9fc54-c01f-11de-bf16-001cc4c002e0.html?mode=story Can the same be said for local ranchers?

October 30, 9:38am

coyotes and wolves
>>I doubt that inbreeding with wolves has anything to do with it. I don't know, Luke... It seems that, under certain circumstances, coyotes (irrespective of whether or not they've ...

October 29, 10:16am

Coyotes Kill Hiker in Canada
>>Common sense tells me that a solo hiker meeting up with more than one hungry wolf or coyote that has learned to hunt together is recipe for a human attack. Nah: "Are Coyotes Dang...

October 28, 7:33pm

Coyotes Kill Hiker in Canada
Jesus... Sad stuff. I was chased by coyotes last winter. They'd brought down a deer (right on the trail) and I was finishing a long solo hike by head lamp when I came across the (still steam...

October 28, 4:13pm

Oware bivies
David - are your bivies stormproof (i.e. does that zipper create a waterproof seal)? Also, got any photos of these? They sound nice. Thanks.

In GEAR » Question for TiGoat bivy users.
October 28, 11:18am

Beta
The use of the word "beta" originated in climbing (as a joke) and then drifted outwards to other other types of climbing and, regretably, hiking. http://www.tradgirl.com/climbing_faq/o...

In Chaff » "Trail beta" is an abomination
October 21, 1:56pm

brad - down parka
Brad, do you think the Volant & Frontpoint are warmer than the DAS? I'm just curious. I have the DAS, but I often wonder what its down equivalent (or better) might be.

In GEAR » Down Jacket for Winter Camping
October 20, 12:49pm

All Reader Reviews by Dave .

Dave . has posted no reviews.