November 20, 2015 8:16 PM MST - Subscription purchasing, account maintenance, forum profile maintenance, new account registration, and forum posting have been disabled
as we prepare our databases for the final migration to our new server next week. Stay tuned here for more details.
Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Dave . (Ramapo) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Dave . hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me This user does not want you to know his biography.
CityBurlington, VT
My PDF Gear ListDownload my Gear List (PDF)

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Dave .

Showing 121 - 130 of 764 | Page: 1 ...4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ...77

Forum » Thread

eVENT rapair
Yep. Spruce trap, tree well...same thing. I fell into an awful one. The top half of the tree had blown down so it was entirely hidden under the snow. Very uncomfortable to say the least. Thanks ...

In GEAR » eVENT rapair
November 04, 12:45pm

eVENT rapair
I have a pair of eVENT pants that I snowshoe in. Last year, at the end of the season, I fell into a spruce trap and tore the pants. With the new snowshoeing season coming up, I need to repair this....

In GEAR » eVENT rapair
November 04, 9:52am

Packs for heavy loads
Have you considered Cold Cold World packs? You don't *need* a 5 pound pack to carry a 40 pound load. Or a frame/yoke for that matter.

In GEAR » Pack for Heavy loads
November 02, 12:17pm

10L MSR Dromadarys
Chris, can't be of help with the dromedarys (sorry) but I'm curious: what sort of adventure are you going on that requires 30 L of water in tough dromedarys? Inquiring minds and all...

In Gear Swap » WTB: Two 10L MSR Dromadarys
November 02, 10:51am

Yeah, but UK climbing lingo is almost an entirely different language. Rap = abseil. Layback = layaway. Etc. And don't get me started on the system you use to rate climbs! ;)

In Chaff » Carabiner
November 02, 10:47am

Open Country 2 Quart Kettle
With winter coming up, some forum members might be looking for a larger cookpot for snow melting. I just learned about theOpen Country 2 Quart Kettle:

In GEAR » Open Country 2 Quart Kettle
October 31, 8:06pm

Craig's advice is good, especially if you will be hiking mostly on snow. However, if you'll be hiking on mixed terrain (hard ice & rock in addition to snow) I suggest you buy steel c...

In Winter Hiking » Crampons
October 31, 1:27pm

Wolves & ranchers & biodiversity
David, I don't think that link is working. What's the gist of the article? Also, nice carrots, dude.

In On the Web » Coyotes Kill Hiker in Canada
October 30, 11:35am

Wolves are good for biodiversity Can the same be said for local ranchers?

October 30, 9:38am

coyotes and wolves
>>I doubt that inbreeding with wolves has anything to do with it. I don't know, Luke... It seems that, under certain circumstances, coyotes (irrespective of whether or not they've ...

October 29, 10:16am

All Reader Reviews by Dave .

Dave . has posted no reviews.