BPL Community Profile

Robert Kelly (QiWiz) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale UL gear @ QiWiz.net
About Me I dream of thru hikes but work and family get in the way. Am familiar with most OH and western PA trails; Isle Royale; a little of Rocky Mountain NP; AT from Springer to Hot Springs; some of Monongahela in WV. Have also been on PCT in Yosemite and Mt San Jacinto area in CA and Mt Jefferson area in OR; Bailey Range in Olympic; Wind River Crest in WY. Pack weight 8-12 pounds in all seasons. Happy Trails.
If you are interested in the lightest ti trowels, stoves, and saws, check out my website at www.QiWiz.net
CityCleveland Heights
StateOhio
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://www.QiWiz.net

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Robert Kelly

Showing 121 - 130 of 544 | Page: 1 ...4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ...55

Forum » Thread

Re: Element wood burning stove, titanium
I have not used this stove myself but those that have seem happy with it. You could look at threads on WhiteBlaze.net and/or HammockForums.net for examples of testimonials from users.

In GEAR » Element wood burning stove, titanium
October 26, 1:31pm

Re: iPhone 5
@stephenP "I'd like to be able to use GPS without having my phone chew up a ton of battery life trying to find a cell signal. I know the phone was designed to use cell towers and wifi a...

In Chaff » iPhone 5
October 21, 8:36am

Best quilt pad
I use the NeoAir XLite down to mid 30's and use a slightly shortened NeoAir Large into the mid-20's with a thin CCF or Evazote layer added. The extra width of the large helps keep arms and ...

In GEAR » Best sleeping pad for use with a quilt?
October 11, 12:34pm

Special FireFly stove combo deal is back!
Your patience is rewarded, if you've been waiting for the next stove+trowel combo deal. This one's on until November 1st. In addition to saving on the combo price, order as many stove acces...

In Gear Deals » Lightest collapsible wood burning stove on the planet - the FireFly Stove
October 08, 1:23pm

Combo Saw & Trowel Offer is Back through 10/20
It's getting colder out there and some of you may want to pack a saw for those late fall and winter fires, but the idea makes you frown as you think about that heavy saw adding to your pack wei...

In Gear Deals » Could this be the ultimate UL backpacking saw?
October 05, 9:11am

Re: aluminum insert for wood burning in a Caldera Cone
Before I designed my FireFly stove, when playing around with my ti tri CC, I made an aluminum insert out of a "disposable" aluminum roasting pan (heavy aluminum foil, essentially), lighte...

In Make Your Own Gear » what kind of materials would I need for a cheap DIY caldera with inferno insert for wood burning
October 01, 11:25am

Another option
Is the fairly famous Opinel folding knife made in France. Can get for about 10 bucks shipped. If I have food prep to do on trail like slicing meats, cheese, vegs, etc this is my favorite. Not sure ...

In GEAR » Decent $7 Fixed Blade Gourmet Backpacking Food Prep Knife - Photo-verview
September 29, 7:23am

Grayson Highlands loop
Park at Grindstone Campground and make a clockwise loop from there, mostly on AT. Route is pretty obvious if you get a map. Best 2 night loop in VA IMO.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Know of a good trail or loop in Va mountains?
September 27, 8:09am

Pushing limits
Was able to get one onto/into a GG Gorilla but it took some creativity and very compact non-food gear for a 9-day Bailey Range traverse.

In GEAR » Ultralight Packs Capable of Carrying A Berikade Expdition?
September 25, 8:47am

BPL community special offer
Order any two pieces of gear as long as one of them is a trowel, and I'll give you a 10% PayPal refund! So, thats's a trowel and a stove, a trowel and a saw, or even two trowels. To get t...

In Gear Deals » They're back again: The lightest cathole trowels on the planet ! Titanium, two sizes
September 17, 2:47pm

All Reader Reviews by Robert Kelly

Robert Kelly has posted no reviews.