BPL Community Profile

Robert Kelly (QiWiz) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale UL gear @ QiWiz.net
About Me I dream of thru hikes but work and family get in the way. Am familiar with most OH and western PA trails; Isle Royale; a little of Rocky Mountain NP; AT from Springer to Hot Springs; some of Monongahela in WV. Have also been on PCT in Yosemite and Mt San Jacinto area in CA and Mt Jefferson area in OR; Bailey Range in Olympic; Wind River Crest in WY. Pack weight 8-12 pounds in all seasons. Happy Trails.
If you are interested in the lightest ti trowels, stoves, and saws, check out my website at www.QiWiz.net
CityCleveland Heights
StateOhio
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://www.QiWiz.net

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Robert Kelly

Showing 121 - 130 of 535 | Page: 1 ...4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ...54

Forum » Thread

BPL community special offer
Order any two pieces of gear as long as one of them is a trowel, and I'll give you a 10% PayPal refund! So, thats's a trowel and a stove, a trowel and a saw, or even two trowels. To get t...

In Gear Deals » They're back again: The lightest cathole trowels on the planet ! Titanium, two sizes
September 17, 2:47pm

FS: LifeProof waterproof case for iPhone 4/4s, excellent condition
I love the case but am going with the iPhone 5, so it's yours including shipping in CONUS for $33. Add another $3 for international shipment. SOLD TO KAREN

In Gear Swap » FS: LifeProof waterproof case for iPhone 4/4s, excellent condition
September 17, 2:31pm

In 2010 was a late rather heavy snow year, so there was more snow than usual
I wore trail runners and added Goretex socks in snow and MicroSpikes when I needed them for better traction on snowfields. We were on snow for about 3 days of the traverse in early September.

In Mountaineering & Alpinism » Footwear for Bailey Range Traverse
September 17, 2:24pm

A FireFly stove
comes with "large pot supports" that would put your fry pan higher up. It can be obtained with a fuel port that allows for temp control by moving long twigs into and out of the port, as y...

In Make Your Own Gear » ultralight and adjustable wire cloth wood stove?
August 29, 2:58pm

WTB: BPL Firelite 550-SUL
The one without the handles, if anyone has one to spare.

In Gear Swap » WTB: BPL Firelite 550-SUL
August 21, 11:45am

The trail is calling to me . . .
I'll be on trail from 8/30/12 through 9/15/12. Gear ordered in next week (through 8/24) will be mailed out before I go. ; ) After that, you may have to wait until the week of 9/17 to ge...

In Gear Deals » Lightest collapsible wood burning stove on the planet - the FireFly Stove
August 17, 10:14am

Looking forward to some backcountry time!
I'll be on trail from 8/30/12 through 9/15/12. Gear ordered in next week (through 8/24) will be mailed out before I go. ; ) After that, you may have to wait until the week of 9/17 to ge...

In Gear Deals » Could this be the ultimate UL backpacking saw?
August 17, 10:11am

Upcoming trail time; avoid delays!

In Gear Deals » They're back again: The lightest cathole trowels on the planet ! Titanium, two sizes
August 17, 10:06am

I'll take it
PM sent

In Gear Swap » FS: baladeo 22g folding knife
July 31, 11:08am

Wood stove baking option
Here's a technique that would work with a number of backpacking wood stoves. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6AmlkelDlGU&feature=youtube_gdata_player

In Editor's Roundtable » Ultralight Baking
July 28, 11:36am

All Reader Reviews by Robert Kelly

Robert Kelly has posted no reviews.