BPL Community Profile

Christopher Plesko (Pivvay) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Rocky Mountains
About Me "It doesn't have to be fun to be fun" - Mark Twight
CityWestminster
StateColorado
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://slipangles.blogspot.com/

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Christopher Plesko

Showing 121 - 130 of 926 | Page: 1 ...4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ...93

Forum » Thread

Re: Email address/bicycle in Oz
My email is chris@shiftedthinking.com Yep I mean bicycle. Only 2 have ever done it unsupported, neither quite like my plan. Will be going sometime between the June-Aug window as that's when ...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Australia logistics?
October 27, 7:01am

WTB: Two 10L MSR Dromadarys
Looking for a couple 10L MSR Drom bladders. They're real heavy and you want to upgrade right? :) I don't care if they're used as long as they're in good shape. PM if you have any...

In Gear Swap » WTB: Two 10L MSR Dromadarys
October 26, 12:26pm

Re: Oz
Thanks everyone! I'm going to the Canning Stock route. Will need to get myself and bike from the USA to Halls Creek. Probably need to post some stuff to Wiluna to help travel back home (clothes...

October 26, 10:55am

Australia logistics?
I'm planning a big 2011 trip in Australia. Any locals there mind helping me out with gathering a bit of information? Post here or PM me. Nothing big needed, just where to get some supplies, how...

October 25, 6:23pm

Re: CO 14ers and 13ers in winter
Quandary and Pikes are pretty easy in the winter. There is a good SummitPost article that describes the avy danger on the CO 14ers.

In Winter Hiking » CO 14ers and 13ers in winter
October 25, 4:01pm

Re: Colorado advice
My wife is from here, I grew up in St.Louis. I'm never moving back. Is that good enough for you? ;)

In Chaff » Colorado advice
October 24, 6:28pm

wetsuit, option to consider
A wet suit meant for swimming, AKA triathlons might be much better than a dive suit. They're expensive but an older used one can be had cheaply.

In Packrafting » Full neoprene wetsuit
October 23, 9:24am

Re: Playing with Spot - reset tracking
To reset tracking every 24 hours, first turn the unit off, then back on and hold the button down until the light goes on and back off. Simple and always works for me. I'd agree that the useage ...

In Editor's Roundtable » SPOT Satellite Personal Tracker - Full Review
October 23, 9:22am

Re: Highlite
The highlite is a great little bag. I use mine all the time and love it. However there are a lot of great bags under 20oz these days so if you're really concerned about it being warm enough, I ...

In GEAR » Western Mountaineering Highlite
October 22, 4:05pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Expeditioning Food/Stove Ideas
>BUT: such radical weight loss is not going to be good for your long-term health. Being that over-weight at the start isn't good either. Right. That's why I'm bringing far more fo...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Expeditioning Food/Stove Ideas
October 20, 3:20pm

All Reader Reviews by Christopher Plesko

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Patagonia Micro Puff Pullover
We own two of these (one small and one medium) and on most trips these make the cut. They are very warm over 3 season conditions and their compact packing and light weight make them a favorite plus th...

In Clothing - Insulating - Synthetic (Polarguard, Primaloft, etc.)
November 11, 10:28pm

Patagonia MicroPuff Vest
I've had the Micropuff vest for a few months now and feel comfortable in giving a review. The vest is a total winner. I bought it for a summer insulation safety piece since it's synthetic and my bag i...

In Clothing - Insulating - Synthetic (Polarguard, Primaloft, etc.)
November 11, 6:43pm