BPL Community Profile

Paul Tree (Paul_Tree) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Wowwww
About Me 5' 10", 170 lb, 41" chest
StateCA
My Website URLhttp://www.flickr.com/photos/8804488@N02/sets/721576006

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Paul Tree

Showing 121 - 130 of 455 | Page: 1 ...4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ...46

Forum » Thread

Like Ion?
The golite Ion is similar to what you describe. 35$ shipped from various places. Altrec for 37 shipped with code BARGAINBLISS. 9 oz. Not that I'm trying to dissuade you.

In Make Your Own Gear » Homemade Backpack
December 13, 11:33pm

found it
There were Rab down booties. They also have one that has a removable cordura sandalish thing over top.

In Make Your Own Gear » Down Booties
December 13, 5:01pm

Looks like the "Dry Freak" treatment
Outdoor Retailer Summer 2008 rainwear coverage

In Make Your Own Gear » Blox stain repellant for fabric
December 12, 11:28pm

Prolite posts weights
One thing cool about prolite is they weigh items themselves and post the weights. Gotta support that!

In Gear Deals » ProLite Gear 20% OFF
December 12, 8:53am

Green clothes
If anyone is looking for the older stuff, Patagonia has their MARS system on web specials. Link - then go to page 2 Also, Wild Things has pics of the Happy Suit. Link

In GEAR » Special Forces Clothing System.
December 12, 12:27am

few mm
I'm more concerned with hitting it on a rock just at the wrong spot, but when could that happen? Scenarios: * Chopping steps. Hm. Frankly, I avoid it. * Excavating for an ice screw, never...

In Make Your Own Gear » MYOG Titanium/Carbon Fiber Ice Axe
December 09, 1:33pm

Tent stake suggs
To be clear, you are trying to avoid a loop of para cord sheath or something because of the weight, correct? The most direct thing is a smidge of epoxy around the holes, you can use micro-sphere...

In Make Your Own Gear » Titanium Tent Stakes
December 08, 5:05pm

Lots of WM bags in Gear Swap as well
Hey Joe, there's lots of WM bags showing up in the Gear Swap forum too.

In Gear Deals » WM Highlite $175 @ Summit Hut
December 06, 11:38am

Ladies first
This would good for the ladies, ya?

In Philosophy & Technique » Elimination: MEC zip crotch?
December 06, 9:28am

"meadow blasters"
I prefer if others use headphones.

In Philosophy & Technique » Music and Backpacking
December 06, 9:25am

All Reader Reviews by Paul Tree

Showing 1 - 4 of 4 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Golite 2006 Reed Pants
I have a later version with leg zips. When hiking steep uphills, these pants are a real handicap because they try to keep you from lifting your knee. Made my summit twice as hard to keep fighting that...

In Clothing - Raingear
November 02, 10:24am

OR Verglas Gaiters (mens)
You rate them without ever having used them? That is beyond belief. Quote: "I give these a 4, without using them outside at all, so be aware they may be a 5 for a particular use." Or,...

In Footwear - Boots, Shoes, Gaiters
November 11, 1:31pm

GU Energy Gel
They do work, better than PowerGel. Faster than food. Works fine at low temps. I don't mind the taste or texture. I've gone snowboarding all day with no other food than 5 GU packets. Cons:...

In Foods - Energy Bars, Gels, and Drinks
October 17, 4:10pm

Jocalat bars (by Larabar) Chocolate
These things are awesome. 240 calories and very small and uber healthy. They had them at Trader Joe's.

In Foods - Energy Bars, Gels, and Drinks
October 17, 4:02pm