November 20, 2015 8:16 PM MST - Subscription purchasing, account maintenance, forum profile maintenance, new account registration, and forum posting have been disabled
as we prepare our databases for the final migration to our new server next week. Stay tuned here for more details.
Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Paul Tree (Paul_Tree) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Wowwww
About Me 5' 10", 170 lb, 41" chest
My Website URL

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Paul Tree

Showing 121 - 130 of 455 | Page: 1 ...4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ...46

Forum » Thread

Like Ion?
The golite Ion is similar to what you describe. 35$ shipped from various places. Altrec for 37 shipped with code BARGAINBLISS. 9 oz. Not that I'm trying to dissuade you.

In Make Your Own Gear » Homemade Backpack
December 13, 11:33pm

found it
There were Rab down booties. They also have one that has a removable cordura sandalish thing over top.

In Make Your Own Gear » Down Booties
December 13, 5:01pm

Looks like the "Dry Freak" treatment
Outdoor Retailer Summer 2008 rainwear coverage

In Make Your Own Gear » Blox stain repellant for fabric
December 12, 11:28pm

Prolite posts weights
One thing cool about prolite is they weigh items themselves and post the weights. Gotta support that!

In Gear Deals » ProLite Gear 20% OFF
December 12, 8:53am

Green clothes
If anyone is looking for the older stuff, Patagonia has their MARS system on web specials. Link - then go to page 2 Also, Wild Things has pics of the Happy Suit. Link

In GEAR » Special Forces Clothing System.
December 12, 12:27am

few mm
I'm more concerned with hitting it on a rock just at the wrong spot, but when could that happen? Scenarios: * Chopping steps. Hm. Frankly, I avoid it. * Excavating for an ice screw, never...

In Make Your Own Gear » MYOG Titanium/Carbon Fiber Ice Axe
December 09, 1:33pm

Tent stake suggs
To be clear, you are trying to avoid a loop of para cord sheath or something because of the weight, correct? The most direct thing is a smidge of epoxy around the holes, you can use micro-sphere...

In Make Your Own Gear » Titanium Tent Stakes
December 08, 5:05pm

Lots of WM bags in Gear Swap as well
Hey Joe, there's lots of WM bags showing up in the Gear Swap forum too.

In Gear Deals » WM Highlite $175 @ Summit Hut
December 06, 11:38am

Ladies first
This would good for the ladies, ya?

In Philosophy & Technique » Elimination: MEC zip crotch?
December 06, 9:28am

"meadow blasters"
I prefer if others use headphones.

In Philosophy & Technique » Music and Backpacking
December 06, 9:25am

All Reader Reviews by Paul Tree

Showing 1 - 4 of 4 | Page: 1

Golite 2006 Reed Pants
I have a later version with leg zips. When hiking steep uphills, these pants are a real handicap because they try to keep you from lifting your knee. Made my summit twice as hard to keep fighting that...

In Clothing - Raingear
November 02, 10:24am

OR Verglas Gaiters (mens)
You rate them without ever having used them? That is beyond belief. Quote: "I give these a 4, without using them outside at all, so be aware they may be a 5 for a particular use." Or,...

In Footwear - Boots, Shoes, Gaiters
November 11, 1:31pm

GU Energy Gel
They do work, better than PowerGel. Faster than food. Works fine at low temps. I don't mind the taste or texture. I've gone snowboarding all day with no other food than 5 GU packets. Cons:...

In Foods - Energy Bars, Gels, and Drinks
October 17, 4:10pm

Jocalat bars (by Larabar) Chocolate
These things are awesome. 240 calories and very small and uber healthy. They had them at Trader Joe's.

In Foods - Energy Bars, Gels, and Drinks
October 17, 4:02pm