BPL Community Profile

Paul Magnanti (PaulMags) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale People's Republic of Boulder
About Me I like to hike, backpack, camp and backcountry ski every so often...
CityBoulder
StateCO
My Website URLhttp://www.pmags.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Paul Magnanti

Showing 121 - 130 of 725 | Page: 1 ...4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ...73

Forum » Thread

Forest Hunk???
I sported that look 10 yrs ago in Escalante National Monument in Utah: I was not called a hunk. :)

In Chaff » Being woodsy - in style now?
December 18, 7:17am

insects
As an East Coaster by birth, and Rhode Island in particular, I have to say the insects in the thick of summer can be awful. Black flies in mosquitoes in northern New England in June? Egads! But...

In GEAR » When to carry/wear a Short Sleeve shirt?
December 18, 6:37am

TTS
"The poke fun at" *MAY have been you.. ;) The direct quote about "beer and nonsense" was from another listener who is a lot less kind and jovial than you (seriously!)

In On the Web » The Trail Show #19- The Catamount Trail
December 17, 9:07pm

dodge ball!
When you are playing skins vs shirts dodgeball. 'Natch

In GEAR » When to carry/wear a Short Sleeve shirt?
December 17, 8:54pm

yeah yeah yeah
Hence why I wear the dorky sun hat and long sleeves and said take the sun screen to be sure. ;) But, please, I need more righteous posting. :D

In GEAR » Are pants really necessary on the PCT?
December 17, 8:46pm

The Condor Trail
Thanks for the nice words! As a person (temporarily) stuck in the land of beige boxes, I feel your pain. :) I remember reading about the Condor Trail. Thanks for jogging the memory! That wou...

December 17, 5:39pm

don't sweat it
Derek, Most (all?) of us have never met you. Without knowing you, and just based on one photo, hard to tell. My advice? Start hiking in pants. If you absolutely hate it, and pick up a pair of...

December 17, 5:34pm

"nice clothes"
As my Mom would say "buy some nice clothes". Bean is not the place for lightweight hiking gear, but does have nice clothes that last a while. Classic pieces like wool sweaters, town fl...

In GEAR » What to buy with 50$ at LL Bean?
December 17, 12:53pm

suburn
I wore long sleeves but with shorts on the PCT. Below treeline, I often rolled up my sleeves. My legs never really burned. No sunscreen. As others said, it comes down to personal preference, ...

December 17, 11:16am

The Trail Show #19- The Catamount Trail
The Trail Show #19 featuring Vermont’s Catamount Trail and a winter theme. Episode #19! – Today we bring you our first ever Friday the 13th show – Happy Holidays and Boo! On this month...

December 17, 8:35am

All Reader Reviews by Paul Magnanti

Paul Magnanti has posted no reviews.