BPL Community Profile

Phillip Asby (PGAsby) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale North Carolina
About Me Phillip Asby has not added a biography yet.
Citycharlotte
Statenc

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Phillip Asby

Showing 121 - 130 of 288 | Page: 1 ...4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ...29

Forum » Thread

Exped
Dave - your pm is not setup for email - but ill take the pad (helium and all!) Pm me your payment information. Thanks!

In Gear Swap » FS: Exped UL 7 SynMat
September 10, 3:01am

Interesting
Nice to see that the classic - as noted - is capable of handling most jobs (if perhaps not elegantly). I'm a bit of a knife knut so I typically have more knife with me than I need. I recent...

In GEAR » how big of a knife do we really need (or how small of knife can we get by with)?
September 09, 7:29am

Heavier layer - or more layers for increased cold
I picked up a set of Polartec power stretch heavyweight base layers to use primarily for sleeping in cold weather. My last cold trip I used lightweight bottoms supplemented by a pair of synthetic ...

In Philosophy & Technique » Heavier layer - or more layers for increased cold
August 29, 10:04am

I'm no expert
I'm still a newbie but have become a convert to the windshirt concept. And if I'm stopping for a short period I'll layer an insulation on top of the windshirt. If I'm in camp fo...

In GEAR » Windshirt sizing
August 28, 7:01am

Alky stoves
Are most folks using a "tea" style kettle using them with alcohol setups? I can see the wide base being a bigger advantage in this setup depending on the stove you're using. ...

In GEAR » "tea" kettle versus pot with lid
August 27, 3:44pm

Some good advice
I'll check out those links as well... I have a somewhat similar setup to you actually and without food and water am a shade below 20 pounds the last trip I took. In my case REI Flash 65 (ab...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Looking to shed some pack weight in a hurry
August 27, 11:46am

"tea" kettle versus pot with lid
I recently picked up a Primus Litech tea kettle on a lark to give it a try in place of a regular "pot" (in my case typically either a Vargo ti 750ml or Primus 1L powerpot). Taking a look...

In GEAR » "tea" kettle versus pot with lid
August 26, 1:22pm

Canister stove ignition options
First - I get the impression that many here favor a non piezo stove for a few reasons - weight savings being one, reliability and versatility being others. I was fiddling with my new jet butane ...

In GEAR » Canister stove ignition options
August 23, 8:13am

Hmmm
I couldn't say. I'm a total newbie - just started camping for the first time in my life when my son joined cub scouts - and backpacking for the first time since he crossed over to Boy Scou...

In GEAR » How much money have you spent in the last 5 years on gear?
August 20, 9:31am

Surefire Saint Minimus/Zebralight H31w first impressions
First a disclaimer - I'm a bit of a flashaholic so I tend to take the opportunity when in the woods (and lots of darkness) to try out different lights and configurations. The vast majority of ...

In GEAR » Surefire Saint Minimus/Zebralight H31w first impressions
August 20, 9:23am

All Reader Reviews by Phillip Asby

Phillip Asby has posted no reviews.