Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Phillip Asby (PGAsby) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale North Carolina
About Me Phillip Asby has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Phillip Asby

Showing 121 - 130 of 380 | Page: 1 ...4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ...38

Forum » Thread

Nate - just dropped you a line via email regarding our PM discussion. Phil

In Gear Swap » Winter Pack Needed 70 Liters +
February 04, 10:02am

I have posted for a long time at CPF and like any open community you need to sort through the good and the bad - but mostly the opinions are backed with real experience and often hard data. The ...

In GEAR » Excellent headlamp review and deceptive advertising
February 03, 10:27am

Good stuff
This is a good read for anyone interested in lights. I'm a flashaholic (and a good thing since headlamp/flashlight knowledge and some knife knut perspectives is about all I've been able ...

In GEAR » Excellent headlamp review and deceptive advertising
January 30, 9:05am

I've gone back through some but still not all this thread. I'm on the heavy side but not as skewed as I thought. Truly I'm not sure with the big 4 I can get much lighter given tha...

In GEAR » What's your big four weigh/cost? Me- 2 lbs 8.4 oz/$773
January 30, 8:37am

I am not a quilt user so I won't pretend to opine on that. I am a side sleeper and in my mid 40s, and the Exped Synmat has been transformative. I started with a Synmat 7 with pump that is s...

In GEAR » Sleeping pads
January 29, 12:10pm

Let's see... currently Big Agnes Seedhouse SL1/footprint - 2 lb 12 ounces Golite Feather 20 - 1 lb 15 oz Exped Synmat 7 UL M - 16.2 oz REI Flash 65 M - 3 lb 2 oz so 8.825 lbs total... ...

In GEAR » What's your big four weigh/cost? Me- 2 lbs 8.4 oz/$773
January 29, 11:54am

I have a Flash 65 and it is my main pack (Golite Odyssey 80 is my load hauler for winter outings). I travel as light as I can but with Scouts I have some extra gear (bigger FAK for example to supp...

In GEAR » REI Flash 62 vs golite jam 50
January 29, 8:36am

As to the OP's question regarding inventory it isn't just Zebralight. Check out the HDS systems threads on candlepowerforums for tales of people waiting months for their HDS lights - and H...

In GEAR » Zebralight
January 27, 9:36am

I really like my H31w Zebralight. I do unscrew the tailcap a quarter turn to "lock out" the light when packed but surely get why this may be problematic to some. It is more or less an i...

In GEAR » Another Headlamp thread...
January 27, 9:16am

cycling shells
My primary windshirt is a marmot ion running jacket with mesh panels in the pits and upper back and it works well. I wear a north face running jacket on my bike as it is vented on the back ... And...

In GEAR » Bike shells for hiking?
January 24, 8:51am

All Reader Reviews by Phillip Asby

Phillip Asby has posted no reviews.