BPL Community Profile

Nico . (NickB) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Los Padres National Forest
About Me Nico . has not added a biography yet.
StateCA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Nico .

Showing 121 - 130 of 707 | Page: 1 ...4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ...71

Forum » Thread

Wind shirt as rain jacket?
Like the others said, for any sustained, even light, rain, the windjacket won't keep you dry long. It can shed a light mist or short drizzle but eventually the jacket will start to wet out. ...

In GEAR » Wind shirt as rain jacket?
May 24, 11:29am

The Case Against Wood Fires
Statistics show that absolutely 100% of people who sit near a campfire or breathe in smoke from another's campfire will eventually die. In all seriousness though, outside of those segments o...

In Philosophy & Technique » The Case Against Wood Fires
May 22, 7:01pm

Mountain SUL Backpacking
Thanks for taking the time to put together this series. I'll be interested in seeing what comes out of it. Interestingly, your M-SUL distinction is very similar to the line of thinking behi...

In Editor's Roundtable » Mountain SuperUltraLight Backpacking – Going SUL in the Mountains with Adequate Shelter, Insulation, and Rain Protection. Part 1: Concepts and Scope.
May 08, 1:46pm

Taco Tuesday Bump
Katabatic Sawatch Quilt SOLD. Full disclosure: My only reason for selling this quilt is to replace it with the wide version of the same quilt. It really is the nicest and most well-made quil...

In Gear Swap » FS: Katabatic Gear Sawatch Quilt & Golite Adrenaline 20 Sleeping Bag
May 07, 12:38pm

First group to hike Rae Lakes this year
Great photos; looks like a real treat to be out there in the early season. I passed through that area for the first time late last September. Looking forward to getting back and spending some m...

In Post-Trip Reports » First group to hike Rae Lakes this year
May 07, 9:21am

Tenacious Tape
I've used it to patch small tears in a pair of wind pants, a down jacket shell and the bottom panel of a pack. All repairs were done a couple years ago and the tape is still holding up fine th...

In GEAR » Tenacious Tape.
May 05, 1:22pm

Weekend bump for katabatic quilt
Katabatic Quilt is still available.

In Gear Swap » FS: Katabatic Gear Sawatch Quilt & Golite Adrenaline 20 Sleeping Bag
May 05, 10:15am

PMs replied
Hi David, I've replied to your PM; please let me know you received it. I seem to be having trouble with my PMs at the moment; I can receive them but I've gotten word that others aren...

May 03, 5:46pm

FS Delorme Inreach
Hi Fred, I got your PM reply and replied back to you via PM. If you don't receive either of my PMs could you please email me at nbobro00 AT hotmail DOT com Thanks, Nico

In Gear Swap » FS: Delorme Inreach
May 03, 5:24pm

UL Weather Protection for DSLRs
FWIW, Outex has developed a rear port that provides visual access to the LCD and controls via a recent Kickstarter campaign; it should be available for purchase later this summer. They also offer ...

In Photography » UL Weather Protection for DSLRs
May 03, 3:43pm

All Reader Reviews by Nico .

Nico . has posted no reviews.