Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Nico . (NickB) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Los Padres National Forest
About Me Nico . has not added a biography yet.
StateCA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Nico .

Showing 121 - 130 of 716 | Page: 1 ...4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ...72

Forum » Thread

ZPacks 20 vs. Katabatic Gear Alsek vs. ? bag
Just based on the fill quantities, it would seem like the Katabatic Alsek has the potential to be the warmest in that it has more down and it's concentrated mostly on top of you rather than und...

In GEAR » ZPacks 20 vs. Katabatic Gear Alsek vs. ? bag
June 04, 9:48am

Backcountry Fire Rings
If they're along well-used trails and in plain site within a few miles of a trailhead, I'm inclined to let them be. More so if they are clear from brush and show evidence of presumably uns...

In Philosophy & Technique » Backcountry Fire Rings
June 03, 9:38pm

BMWO'13
Great trip report and impressive accomplishment!

In Post-Trip Reports » BMWO 2013 - Another Year of Swimming in the Flathead
May 30, 8:18pm

Re: Viewed in a Different Light
Another +1 for Rob's take. Honestly, if the forecast was clear and stable, I see no harm in going on a short overnighter without a shelter. There's plenty of quick overnight trips where...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » How stupid is it to go into the wilderness without a shelter or survival skills?
May 30, 11:39am

Bright colors
I'm not a fan of bright colors. I'd rather my gear blend in to my surroundings. That being said, I do have a couple of items in my pack that are brightly colored and that can be used fo...

In Philosophy & Technique » **rule** chose bright colored gear
May 30, 11:32am

UL and the 10 Essentials
I guess I follow both ends of the spectrum... Sometimes I like to hike or trail run like Craig W. Just head out the door and onto the trail with the clothes on my back and maybe a water bottle...

In Philosophy & Technique » Ultralight and the 10 Essentials
May 30, 10:04am

Sun hat
Check out the Patagonia canvas sun cap. It's got a longer bill, neck cape, chin strap, and it's made of cotton canvas. Sounds like it should hit all marks for you.

In GEAR » sun hat
May 28, 12:32am

Southern Los Padres
If you can stand the heat and dryness on the hikes in/out, you can find water year round at a handful of camps and along a handful of trails in the southern Los Padres. May just have to put up wit...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Any thoughts on backpacking trips in So Cal that have water this time of year. Los Padres and Sespe Wilderness???
May 26, 8:26pm

Backcountry Growlers, Beer!
One word... Genius!!!

In GEAR » Backcountry Growlers, Beer!
May 25, 10:32pm

Wind shirt as rain jacket?
Like the others said, for any sustained, even light, rain, the windjacket won't keep you dry long. It can shed a light mist or short drizzle but eventually the jacket will start to wet out. ...

In GEAR » Wind shirt as rain jacket?
May 24, 11:29am

All Reader Reviews by Nico .

Nico . has posted no reviews.