Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Craig Burton (MissingUtah) - BPL Guest

My Locale Smoky Mountains
About Me Craig Burton has not added a biography yet.
CityCharlotte
StateNC
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear List7 Days / 6 Nights summer in the Smokies

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Craig Burton

Showing 121 - 130 of 149 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

Forum » Thread

Re: Newbie's UL Gear List....Unconventional?
Yikes! Over 4 lbs of clothing with little insulation value? OK, I realize that your shoes are included in that weight; but many people on here carry 3-layer active-wear, camp insulation, and foot...

In Gear Lists » Newbie's UL Gear List....Unconventional?
July 27, 8:35pm

Re: Stick Pic
Nice! ...still waiting on the trekking pole with two popout legs to create a tripod :)

In GEAR » Stick Pic
July 27, 8:13pm

Re: Re: Adding insulation to bag footbox w/o modification?
Thanks Roger; I never thought of that, and it could very well be my problem. I usually wore my Polartec beanie to sleep with me, and I was quite warm in the head and face; but that could very we...

In GEAR » Adding insulation to bag footbox w/o modification?
July 27, 7:56pm

Re: I like the fivefingers
Dunstan, those are very interesting shoes you have there. I'm curious as to how they held up to the terrain of the Sierras. I see they are quite flexible, so it makes me wonder how much prote...

In GEAR » Looking for lighter footwear options for 20-25 pound load
July 27, 7:48pm

Adding insulation to bag footbox w/o modification?
I'm beginning to prepare my winter gearlist, and I think I am almost finished -- with the exception of extremity insulation for sleeping. I'm considering the PossumDown gloves for hand i...

In GEAR » Adding insulation to bag footbox w/o modification?
July 27, 7:33pm

Recent transitioner here
I recently transitioned from one-piece leathers to the Inov8 Flyroc 310. I missed being able to submerge my whole foot without worry of wet feet along stream crossings; but it's very empowerin...

In GEAR » Looking for lighter footwear options for 20-25 pound load
July 22, 2:22pm

Great comments with good intentions
I've actually been to Death Valley, in August no less, and it is certainly one of the most amazing and unique places I have visited; but it is best enjoyed from the road and by ranger-guided to...

In GEAR » going to death valley soon
July 22, 2:02pm

The One in a torrential downpour
Hey Miguel; since I've never seen any comments on it yet, I figure yourself and others might be interested in my experience with The One in a torrential downpour I experienced earlier this mont...

In GEAR » "Misting" Silnylon!
July 22, 1:22pm

My shoulder season list is very similar to yours
I just recently ordered a MLD Exodus and a ULA Conduit; and I have already received the Conduit and tested my gear in it. As my subject suggests, my gear list is very similar to yours in terms o...

In GEAR » Pack suggestion
July 20, 10:51am

Re: Re: Smoky Mountain summer sub-10
Hey Jonathon, My brief time out west really spoiled me, but I've recently come to love the Smokies after spending a few days on the AT through the area. The AT through the Smokies is unique...

In Gear Lists » How about your Sub-10 list
July 15, 3:44pm

All Reader Reviews by Craig Burton

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Pro Lite Gear customer service
Normally I don't do company reviews, but I have just now been impressed by a record processing time by Pro Lite Gear. I've been exposed to pick-and-pack warehousing during my career; and I ...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
December 17, 4:36pm