BPL Community Profile

Brian UL (MAYNARD76) - BPL Guest

My Locale New England
About Me Brian UL has not added a biography yet.
StateMA
CountryU.S.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Brian UL

Showing 121 - 130 of 1166 | Page: 1 ...4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ...117

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: MYOG Ikea Stove vs rock fire pit
"I gathered a bunch of stones and rocks in a circle (firepit style) put the wood fuel source in the middle, then the pot on top of the rocks. " You don't need any rocks. Rock rings...

In Make Your Own Gear » 3,06 oz. ikea woodstove
March 16, 2:52pm

Re: Re: Re: Durability
Marco, I think you misunderstand me. I would not wear dri-ducks and the like for bush whacking. what I was trying to say was that I would not wear any of the high end wpb jackets for bush whacking....

In Editor's Roundtable » Ultralight Waterproof-Breathable Jackets: 2012 State of the Market Report
March 14, 10:38pm

Re: Durability
Havn't read the article but, as it concerns durability I've been a little confused. If you are in a situation that you need durability like bush whacking won't you just destroy your exp...

In Editor's Roundtable » Ultralight Waterproof-Breathable Jackets: 2012 State of the Market Report
March 13, 7:51pm

red meat is fine for you
Meh, these "studies" come up every once in a while. Coralation is not causation- There are people who will never give up attacking real food, nothing new here. Also: define moderation,...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Red meat is killing you
March 13, 7:30pm

Re: Re: My Paleo
I just read an excellent article: http://boingboing.net/2012/03/09/seduced-by-food-obesity-and-t.html I think this article will help clarify things for people who still believe in the status ...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » My Paleo
March 09, 4:02pm

Re: Re: Looking at it more simplisticly
While trying to figure out the biological mechanisms is interesting, I think it really is simple. We are omnivores. We can and do thrive on either a high fat or high carb diet. Environment would pl...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » My Paleo
March 09, 3:58am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Can we organize a boycott of GoreTex?
I never liked Gore tex before, now I will exercise my consumer vote and consciously avoid all their products in the future. Dri-ducks offers a superior product (for my use) at a far superior pri...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Can we organize a boycott of GoreTex?
March 08, 9:59pm

Re: Some thoughts on photography and isolation
I found this out early on while traveling/hiking. I would take a pic of any little thing that interested me. After I would feel like I experienced the place/trip through the lens of a camera. I wou...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Some thoughts on photography and isolation
February 17, 12:45am

Re: Target knows if you are pregnant and wants to sell you everything you need
Why is my personal info not owned by me? I resent that third partys can spy and collect without my explicit consent and sell said info. If any one should make money on that info it should be me. I ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Target knows if your pregnant and wants to sell you everything you need
February 17, 12:29am

Re: reply to Brian Maynard (MAYNARD76)
There is no such people as "cave man". I don't mean to imply that people didn't necessarily need alone time, maybe they would take a walk. But there is simply no comparison to m...

In Philosophy & Technique » Petroglyphs vs Graffiti, artifacts vs trash
February 09, 4:04pm

All Reader Reviews by Brian UL

Showing 1 - 4 of 4 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Trail Designs Caldera Stove
After using both the Caldera cone and Ti-Tri stove for quite a while and watched as Trail designs keeps improving and addressing customers concerns Ive come to this conclusion... the Caldera cone and...

In Stoves - Alcohol
November 28, 4:07am

Trail Designs Ti-Tri Inferno
The Inferno stove is 4 separate pieces. An inverted ti cone, a ti floor, a grate support and a grate insert: infero stove

In Stoves - Other
September 18, 1:21pm

Mountain Laurel Designs Zip
This pack carries like, and has the same amount of features as packs 2 or more times its weight! I have to remind myself that the Zip only weighs a hair over 10 oz.(w/optional hipbelt). Its light eno...

In Backpacks - Frameless
August 29, 4:08pm

MLD Carbon Fiber Tarp Pole set 2007
I ordered these along with my MLD Zip pack (review on that in future). It only cost me 50.00 USD as I ordered them at the introductory price on the first month they were released. These are geat for p...

In Miscellaneous Products
August 11, 6:42am