BPL Community Profile

Adan Lopez (Lopez) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale San Gabriel Valley
About Me I dont own a scale or spend alot on gear, still I manage an 8lb base thanks to you good BPLers. Enjoyment is the goal here, which means light gear is important as is "lightness of mind". Kit must not be complex, fragile or expensive.
CitySan Dimas
StateCA
CountryUS

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Adan Lopez

Showing 121 - 130 of 802 | Page: 1 ...4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ...81

Forum » Thread

Desert pack
Gregory, 8 Liters = 18 lbs 2 days food = 4 lbs Base weight = 9 lbs Total 31 lbs (14kg), not too bad, many packs are fine if packed properly. I would like to try the ULA Ohm for this but eve...

In GEAR » 3 days pack for lot of water
May 30, 5:32pm

Negev
Gregory, these photographs are stunning. Absolutely beautiful there. Deserts may not be green and cool, but given enough time, they can be the perfect stage for true transformation, for one who is ...

In Photo Gallery » Israel: Negev Desert
May 23, 3:43pm

Scout fire
Mike, maybe I originally picked up the scout fire idea from you a couple years ago. Carried a bivy and storm candle many times since then, especially when day hiking or running in winter. Gonna rea...

In SuperUltraLight (SUL) Backpacking Discussion » Trail running Emergency Bivy Kit
May 23, 8:44am

Ionian
Jack, looks great. Red and blue routes would be my preference as well. Looks like there is an alternate return via Lake Sabrina if you'd prefer a loop. Basically it breaks east at Saphire la...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » July 3-8th: 80-90 mile, partial cross country Sierran trip. EPIC!
May 22, 4:54pm

Sespe
@Craig, nicely said man, especially for a jarlsberg man. @Jack, hey "Jack Special" has a nice ring to it, that would make a good name for your business! @Kevin, you did go swimming!...

In Post-Trip Reports » sespe may 18-20
May 22, 11:55am

BPL Sespe report
Jack, thanks for the solar lights, the kids really enjoyed them and it's the first thing that Lula busted out of the backpack to show Mom. She has it in her window now charging up so she can re...

May 21, 5:46pm

Sespe trip report: old timey fun on Sespe crick
Kev, Jack, glad we hooked up with you guys, that was fun. i needed that bad after almost two weeks of down time. The girls had a blast, Lula couldnt wait to get home to tell mama about our adve...

May 21, 11:01am

Fishing
I've done a lot of fishing , especially flyfishing, and recently trimmed my kit to fit my more minimal style these days. I use basically the same bits except alot less of it, including a much s...

In Fishing » What's Your UL Fly and Bubble Rig?
May 20, 9:27pm

Great info here
Yall got me thinking. thanks!

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Above Tree Line Southern Sierra
May 18, 4:55pm

pack slack
this is what works for me when i carry a similar setup. put your zlite in first against your back. next put the strut in vertically against one side, and stuff the rest of the tent (still attach...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Having trouble organizing my pack
May 18, 9:10am

All Reader Reviews by Adan Lopez

Adan Lopez has posted no reviews.