BPL Community Profile

Lance Marshall (Lancem) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Oregon
About Me Lance Marshall has not added a biography yet.
My Website URLhttp://www.wvi.com/~ulmyog/
My PDF Gear ListPCT Gear Lists

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Lance Marshall

Showing 121 - 130 of 235 | Page: 1 ...4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

Forum » Thread

Geigerrig filter and bacteria
Good morning Bob, Brilliant idea to pressurize a water bladder! Kudos! Could you please clarify your filter's ability to filter out bacteria? "The GEIGERRIG filter removes 99.9...

In GEAR » Sawyer Gravity Filter
February 15, 10:51am

Re: Steripen Classic
I chose a Classic for the same reasons. Also, battery cost per liter is much less. Whether it's the Classic or a lighter model, I more than make up for it's weight by being able to quickl...

In GEAR » Yet Another Steripen Thread - OR - Which Steripen?
February 12, 2:54pm

Re: CAD Dimensional Constraints
Andrew, "Are you able to use TurboCAD to do things like set perimeter or edge length constraints"? TurboCad Deluxe does not have dimensional constraints. For ten times the money, T...

In Make Your Own Gear » CAD for pattern design?
January 12, 12:39am

Re: CAD for pattern design?
Andrew, I've used TurboCad Deluxe for tent, bivy, tarp, and pack patterns. Never tried clothing. I'd used TurboCad and its predecessors in the past for residential plot plans and such,...

In Make Your Own Gear » CAD for pattern design?
January 10, 10:57pm

Re: morning routine
Ditto on getting ready the night before. Also see these previous posts. -Lance

In Philosophy & Technique » morning routine
December 31, 2:52pm

Re: one more word on catenary curves
If you'd like to try the circle method described above and have the space necessary, here's a table of radii for various lengths and 'bow'. -Lance

In Editor's Roundtable » Make Your Own Gear: 5 Yards to SUL, Part 3 - Tarp
November 10, 12:47am

Re: Shipping Gas Canisters
I think you're confusing DOT regulations with USPS regulations. What you've quoted from the DMM confirms that you can mail small canisters via ground mail. This is also what Ken Powers...

In GEAR » Shipping Gas Canisters ?
November 09, 8:54pm

Re: Need baffle help
Ike Have you read "Make Your Own Gear - Down Quilt or Sleeping Bag"? It has lots of good info and drawings. Try this Google search: "baffle spacing site:backpackinglight.com"...

In Make Your Own Gear » Need baffle help
November 09, 8:41pm

Re: Shipping Gas Canisters
Here's some more info from research I did in April 2010. Department of Transportation (DOT) rules allow ground transportation of propane/butane canisters in containers with a capacity of not...

In GEAR » Shipping Gas Canisters ?
November 09, 2:00pm

San Jacinto
You might try the Mt. San Jacinto Outdoor Recreation Forum. Lots of trip reports and discussion. San Jacinto Forum -Lance

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » San Jacinto
October 30, 12:12pm

All Reader Reviews by Lance Marshall

Lance Marshall has posted no reviews.