Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Kevin Babione (KBabione) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Pennsylvania
About Me I live near Lancaster PA and do most of my backpacking in the central and north-central parts of the state.
CityLititz
StatePA
CountryUnited States

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Kevin Babione

Showing 121 - 130 of 621 | Page: 1 ...4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ...63

Forum » Thread

Underquilt or Pad
When I was trying to get my pad to work as insulation I found that having a pad pocket was really the only way it would work for me. I just didn't like the extra weight of a pad pocket, but I ...

In Hammocks » Underquilt or Pad?
April 08, 1:56pm

New Backpacking Friends
I have a trip coming up on Thursday of this week to do the Black Forest Trail in PA with a guy (and his brother-in-law) that I met through these forums. We haven't yet met face-to-face but I&#...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » New backpacking friends
April 07, 8:38pm

GoGo Squeez Container
Thanks for the replies. I calculated that I need exactly the 90 ml for my upcoming trip so I'm going to give carrying this a shot. It fits in my pot with the stove so it won't be mixed up...

In GEAR » Alcohol Storage Container - GoGo Squeez?
April 04, 1:08pm

Alcohol Storage Container - GoGo Squeez?
My daughters love these: Empty, washed out, and dried they weigh 5 grams with the cap and hold 90ml of liquid. Has anyone used these to carry alcohol for their stove? I filled one with...

In GEAR » Alcohol Storage Container - GoGo Squeez?
April 04, 6:59am

Love for the Jetboil
The speed and convenience is truly amazing. I've worked it out to be the best of both worlds...The guys with whom I backpack were "trained" in the art of backpacking by me. I had a ...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Eating on the Trail
April 04, 6:48am

Post Hike Rituals
I walk in the door, dump my pack and hiking clothing in the garage, and take a quick shower. I then ask my wife what I can do to help her and I profusely thank her for giving me the "time off...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Post hike rituals- gear maintenance
April 03, 10:57am

Another +1 on the e+Lite
I have one of the original e+Lites and really like it. The switch has two "off" positions: - In the first you have white light for the first setting - In the second you have red li...

In GEAR » Input on new headlamp?
April 01, 9:56am

Big Guy Using the Murmur
Marc, I remember from earlier posts that you're a big guy...I'm 6' and 270 lbs and the Murmur is my go-to pack. PM me if you have any questions about using one.

In Gear Swap » FS: Gossamer Gear Murmur Hyperlight backpack
March 29, 7:12pm

3 Season Lightweight Jacket
The Montbell Thermawrap is a really popular jacket and you won't go wrong with it. People like that it uses synthetic insulation and isn't thus as sensitive to moisture. I have a Montbe...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Lightweight Jacket 3 seasons?
March 28, 12:07pm

Southern Hair
Not to defend Nick, but I interpreted his comment as saying that most women don't have a furry ass whereas some of us guys do...

In GEAR » Still going without tp?
March 21, 1:13pm

All Reader Reviews by Kevin Babione

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Montbell Extremely Light Down Jacket
I'm a big guy and have the Ex Light in XXL - weighs 7.8 ounces. In addition to being a great piece of insulation to wear I've found that I can use it in my hammock as an extra top quilt by op...

In Clothing - Insulating - Down
January 03, 1:42pm

Lighten Up! by Don Ladigin
I just finished reading the book - it's an enjoyable and quick read. I've got two weekend trips planned this spring with guys who have never backpacked in their lives. I'm passing the bo...

In Books and Media
March 28, 5:52am