BPL Community Profile

Joslyn Bloodworth (JoslynB) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Southwest
About Me Joslyn Bloodworth has not added a biography yet.
CityChino Valley
StateArizona
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://ulborbust.wordpress.com/
My PDF Gear ListBackpacking Wish List for Two

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Joslyn Bloodworth

Showing 121 - 130 of 182 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

Forum » Thread

Re: my view on Hammocks
@spelt - My husband does like the idea. The problem, and please correct me if I'm wrong here, but the best way to insulate a hammock is to have an underquilt and a top quilt. This not only in...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » What's Your View Towards Hammocks?
August 21, 7:39pm

Hammocks
I can't do a hammock. I've never been able to even nap in one. The Bridge Hammock looks the most promising, but as someone who HATES going over 1lb for a solo shelter, they pretty much ar...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » What's Your View Towards Hammocks?
August 21, 1:43pm

Seeing a trend here...
So not wanting to break the overall trend here, I'm of course a INTJ. It's actually something that goes back and fourth with INFJ, but I think that has to do with the fact that I'm rea...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » A Real Personality Profile of a Lighweight Backpacker (instead of demographic sketch)
August 21, 1:29pm

Re: re: .
I got into UL Backpacking initially because I couldn't afford most of the gear otherwise, so your idea that all BPL visitors are middle class Americans who throw away $25 a month without thinki...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Why are you not a Member of BPL?
August 21, 12:57pm

Nice Quilt
Haha! My Miniature Dachshund does the same thing to me when I'm testing gear. He also insists on trying out everything for me. It took me almost an hour to get him out of a bivy I recently b...

In Make Your Own Gear » Cold weather quilt
August 21, 12:42pm

Re: Population + Smartphones + Service
I think that it's a nice idea, but I'm of the opinion that many hikers either do not own or don't carry a smart phone when hiking. I wouldn't care if all the signs were updated to ...

In GEAR » "MY Trail footprint" Feedback
August 20, 9:23pm

Looks Good
After taking a look at the reivews from Backpackgeartest.org, I think my questions are pretty much answered. The pictures and info gave me a much better view of the whole bottom half and in what c...

In GEAR » Question about the Packa
August 19, 10:44pm

Weather
I'm in N Ga. and I was thinking about areas outside of thick snow areas aka Sierras, Rockies ect. more of the light snow to no snow winter areas. I was just thinking if it's cold would th...

August 19, 9:53pm

Question about the Packa
Can a Packa and MLD Rain Chaps work for a winter backpacking shell? I have my doubts but, I really don't want to buy another waterproof jacket and pants just for winter if I don't have to....

August 18, 8:49pm

Re: Review: Klymit Inertia XL Sleeping Pad
Oh goodie! I've been waiting for this review. I'm quite curious to see what you discovered.

In GEAR » Review: Klymit Inertia XL Sleeping Pad
August 18, 8:33pm

All Reader Reviews by Joslyn Bloodworth

Joslyn Bloodworth has posted no reviews.