BPL Community Profile

J C (Joomy) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale J C hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me J C has not added a biography yet.
CountryAustralia

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by J C

Showing 121 - 130 of 281 | Page: 1 ...4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ...29

Forum » Thread

Just tried it
Just tried this on my FMS-118, can confirm that it solves the sputter somewhat (although the flames still flicker a bit the sputtering noise is gone). Bike gear cable didnt work for me because of t...

In GEAR » Fire Maple FMS-118 Inverted Canister Sputter
June 08, 12:26am

Re: righteousnesss
I have thought about this, but the Sawyer squeeze has a larger opening for the bag to attach to which almost certainly results in a faster flow rate. I'm not sure the in-line with the smaller t...

In GEAR » Turning an Inline Sawyer into more of a Squeeze?
June 07, 9:55pm

Orange flame on FMS-118 stove
OK so in another thread I detailed how I merged a Fire Maple 118. Anyway long story short I fired it up and the flame starts blue but quickly turns a deep orange. It's still blue at the holes b...

In GEAR » Orange flame on FMS-117t/118t stove
June 07, 5:24pm

Goosefeet/Zpacks hood for the long-necked?
Hi all, I'm wondering if there are any long-necked folk who use the Goosefeet Gear/Zpacks down hood. I hadn't really considered this until I read the review over at outdoorgearlab.com that ...

In GEAR » Goosefeet/Zpacks hood for the long-necked?
June 07, 2:48am

Zpacks Arc Blast
Am I really the first one to mention the Arc Blast? Sub-1lb and they look (and are reported to be) awesome (no I haven't tried one).

In GEAR » Sub - 2lbs lightweight internal frame pack -- need market update
June 07, 2:00am

Re: Sport Wash
"I and many others on this forum have been happy with Penguin Sport-Wash. It's basically half the cost of some of the other technical soap you mentioned by volume." "Atko Spor...

In GEAR » Soap for washing DWR and technical wear
June 07, 1:57am

FMS-117T & FMS118 to FMS-118T Convert success
Haven't spotted a thread about this here yet (someone on bushwalk.com did it before me though) so I thought I would report that as expected the conversion works perfectly and results in a rough...

In GEAR » FMS-117T & FMS188 to FMS-118T Convert success
June 07, 1:37am

Re: Re: Re: REI policy
"I just returned 2 osprey packs that I've had for more than a few years" A few years?? I assume they were unused? How do you return something that is years old?

In GEAR » W/B jackets and fragility
June 06, 8:28am

Re: Re: More durable bladder for the Sawyer Squeeze?
How do you squeeze a soda bottle over and over again?

In GEAR » More durable bladder for the Sawyer Squeeze?
June 06, 2:03am

Re: Nicely done
Cheers Nicolas. Being my first myog I don't have much to compare it with but it was very good to work with. It is fairly stiff and the individual fibers are strong, so it's quite forgiving ...

In Make Your Own Gear » 220g Dyneema-X pack - firstish MYOG
June 06, 1:27am

All Reader Reviews by J C

J C has posted no reviews.