BPL Community Profile

J C (Joomy) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale J C hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me J C has not added a biography yet.
CountryAustralia

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by J C

Showing 121 - 130 of 297 | Page: 1 ...4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ...30

Forum » Thread

Re: Re HMG
So great service and poor QC? Good to know I guess.

In GEAR » hyperlight mountain gear
June 13, 3:29am

how light?
Lighter than what. If you want a framed pack there are billions under 1kg but far fewer under 500g. And do you really need a framed pack for 7kg? Something with a stiffened back panel and well pack...

In GEAR » Day Pack Help
June 13, 2:29am

Re: Omission, SORRY!
"Sorry guys - I forgot to say that I do NOT want a Cuben pack. Don't like the look or feel of the stuff" Just FYI in case you didn't know already the hybrid cuben used by hmg a...

In GEAR » What's your light or UL internal FRAMED pack?
June 13, 2:14am

I think
Possibly they are waiting until the bulk of the old bags have been sold to advertise the new ones so there isn't a big pile of the older bags left sitting in their warehouses.

In GEAR » NEW Style Sawyer Water Bladders 1L and 2L
June 12, 10:56pm

Cool!
Well that's definitely encouraging!

In GEAR » Tarptent floor fabric abrasion resistance on rock
June 12, 4:23am

Tarptent floor fabric abrasion resistance on rock
I'm seriously considering buying a Cloudburst 3 but when I was fantasizing about it last night I remembered a camp site on Mount Anne (Tasmania) that is basically a series of fairly smooth and ...

In GEAR » Tarptent floor fabric abrasion resistance on rock
June 11, 12:42am

Takeaway soup bowl
I've just been inspired to use one of those bowls the Asian takeaway places use down here to put soup in. They are about 1L, very light, somehow quite insulating (can pick up with hot soup in i...

In GEAR » Ultralight Bowl?
June 10, 11:57pm

Re: Backpack for short girlfriend (5'2) 30-40L
Make one, or get one made. If you're just after an MLD Newt with shorter torso and custom straps someone like Chris Zimmer could probably bang one together in a few hours.

In GEAR » Backpack for short girlfriend (5'2) 30-40L
June 10, 11:38pm

Re: Re:
"Right now there are tons of people on PCT Sierra section. Paper map may not be necessary... Do I really think I'll lose my iPhone w saved map pictures of higher resolution than any crappy...

In GEAR » Am I forgetting anything for a Sierra trip?
June 10, 11:32pm

FMS 118
The 118 definitely does have a sputter problem. At least in my experience. It may be a batch fault and not a design flaw as Roger Caffin didn't mention it in his article on stove developments. ...

In GEAR » Fire Maple Stoves
June 10, 11:21pm

All Reader Reviews by J C

J C has posted no reviews.