BPL Community Profile

John Brochu (JohnnyBgood4) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale New Hampshire
About Me John Brochu has not added a biography yet.
My PDF Gear ListDownload my Gear List (PDF)

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by John Brochu

Showing 121 - 130 of 426 | Page: 1 ...4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ...43

Forum » Thread

Re: backcountry skis
My plan for now is my friends gave me some alpine gear and they're going to take me to a ski area after it closes this spring to teach me a little bit on the lower and hopefully wide open and e...

In Winter Hiking » Backcountry/Tele Skiing
March 08, 7:36am

Re: the reason for Iraq invasion
Bob, >>>You expressed my concern. There is an interesting read at Project for the New American Century.<<< Yes, that is exactly it. Sadly, a lot of people think it's a...

In Chaff » Warfighters: History of the term?
March 06, 1:35pm

Re: Re: the reason for Iraq invasion
Ben, while I agree in general with your thesis, to say 70% of us "worked ourselves into a frenzy" is a bit misleading. Yes, the war had the support of 70%, but lots of those people still ...

March 06, 1:30pm

Re: Re: Re: Dealing with Enemy Troops and Civilians
>>>Just one of my beefs is that, to this day, I do not think I (or the population at large) know exactly why we invaded Iraq. Bush had one excuse after another -- I'm not sure we ever ...

March 06, 10:52am

Re: PROPER SKIS
Thanks for mentioning ski length - I'm actually unsure about that too. Iirc my friends are recommending I start with something along the lines of 190cm, although they disagree a bit with eac...

March 05, 10:24pm

Re: Hydration Hoses & Cold Weather
For me the benefit of a hydration bladder in the winter outweighs the effort required to keep the system functional: Especially for multi-day trips. I just use Nalgene bottles with insulators, a...

In Winter Hiking » Hydration Hoses & Cold Weather
March 05, 10:12pm

Re: Re: Re: WTB: Ursack
***SOLD TO EUGENE - SHIPPED USPS ON 3/8*** I've got a green 2008 s29 Ursack used once that I will sell for $35 via Paypal personal transfer. (Or if you want to use credit you pay the fee.) I...

In Gear Swap » WTB: Ursack
March 05, 12:19pm

Re: Re: Lightweight on the cheap
>>>One easy but very good read is The Ultralight Backpacker - Kestenbaum.<<< Albert - I have a copy of this book you can have. PM your mailing address to me and I'll send i...

In Gear Swap » New backpacker to the community
March 05, 9:50am

Re: David's summary
Thanks for all the responses - very informative and helps clear up some points of confusion. I do have some general knowledge of traveling in avy terrain due to my ice climbing/mountain experien...

March 04, 11:39am

Backcountry/Tele Skiing
I've posted this here to avoid hijacking a different thread in the Gear forum. I think this forum is the most appropriate place for it... Gerry had responded to a post of mine with some ques...

March 04, 7:56am

All Reader Reviews by John Brochu

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

zpacks Company
I first bought a Blast 18 which is now my go to pack for extended weekend trips. Since then, Joe has made me a custom cuben fiber cat tarp, a custom cuben fiber rain skirt, and a custom stake bag. ...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
July 16, 1:42pm

ULA Conduit
Used this pack on 5 or 6 overnight trips ranging from one night to 7 nights and a base weight ranging from 8 to 12 pounds. The pack is outstanding. It carried well up to 28 pounds. The hip belt po...

In Backpacks - Frameless
February 11, 9:51am

Sierra Designs Isotope Jacket 2007
I bought this jacket a while back mostly to bring on longish alpine routes as a wind/emergency rain jacket. I've only actually used it climbing once, but have carried it up several climbs in my ha...

In Clothing - Raingear
July 03, 9:23am