BPL Community Profile

John Gilbert (JohnG10) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Mid-Atlantic
About Me John Gilbert has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by John Gilbert

Showing 121 - 130 of 551 | Page: 1 ...4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ...56

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: light food
Monty (or anyone else), Did you get Freezer Bag Cooking to work with the Lipton Alfredo or Rice ? I always get noodles and rice that are still a tiny bit crunchy, and alfredo sauce that won't...

In GEAR » Light Food
August 15, 12:37pm

Kelty Noah Tarp
I have the Noah 10x12 tarp. There are tie-outs mid-way along the sides on that size. It's main problem is that it's strongly cat-cut - and designed to be pitched on a diagonal (like the &...

In GEAR » Budget Tarping: Kelty Noah's Tarp 9x9
August 15, 6:48am

Light weight Climbing Pack
I'm thinking a climbing pack probably has the fabric I'm looking for. Most have hipbelts and frames that are geared toward climbing rather than walking though, and extra things like crampo...

In GEAR » Simple, durable pack needed
August 13, 7:33pm

pack
I'm looking for something with more durable fabric than 210. Maybe 325-400-ish denier. Does anyone know of a lightweight rock climbing pack that has a comfy hipbelt and a frame shape designed...

August 12, 12:44pm

Simple, durable pack needed
I'm looking for a lightweight pack that can take some abrasion due to rough handling for boyscouts who are are trying to "go lighter". ie: laying it down on it's back (where the ...

August 12, 9:00am

Dueter packs
Check out the Dueter Act Lite 65+10 at REI. It's really around 57 L in size, carrys a lot of weight comfortably, and it's shaping is cool against the back - even in the Grand Canyon. Ther...

In GEAR » Has anyone used the Sierra Designs Revival packs?
August 08, 4:06pm

Safe Alchohol Fuel
I use S-L-X Denatured Alcohol (made by Klean Strip). It's designed as an alcohol stove fuel - and safe for everything but drinking. The "tag line" under the model name (SLX Denatu...

In GEAR » Safest (least toxic) fuel source for California alcohol stove
July 24, 6:26pm

Tarping in the Southeast
I use a 10x10 for 2 people. The extra width is very handy. It allows me to pitch it in an A-frame mode with the sides 12" above the ground (even when it's raining). The rain would have ...

In GEAR » Another Tarp Question
July 14, 6:36pm

Quilts vs Bags
Since you sleep extra cold, I recommend trying to use your existing sleeping bag as a quilt (by unzipping the zipper all the way) before you buy the new bag or quilt. I love the roominess, but f...

In GEAR » Roomy, warm quilt alternative to Montbell UL Super Spiral Down Hugger #2/#3
July 11, 3:02pm

tips
Can you post Ron's tips ? They may help the rest of us get better pitches too :)

In GEAR » MLD grace duo taught pitch?
July 02, 7:16pm

All Reader Reviews by John Gilbert

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Wenger Esquire
I was looking for something a little bigger than my Victorinox Classic (2.25") knife. The Wenger Esquire has essentially the same tools, but is 1/3 of an inch longer, about 3/32" wider and ...

In Miscellaneous Products
March 07, 7:05pm