BPL Community Profile

John Abela (JohnAbela) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale John Abela hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me John Abela has not added a biography yet.
CityEureka
StateCalifornia
CountryUnited States

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by John Abela

Showing 121 - 130 of 1301 | Page: 1 ...4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ...131

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: Toray Dermizax NX
The Toray Dermizax NX is some very good fabric. 20k/24hr 40k/m2/24h It is at the top of the industry right now - along with only two or three fabrics side-by-side IIRC. KUIU is also using it fo...

In GEAR » Toray Dermizax NX
April 10, 6:31pm

Re: Xtherm with a WB XLC?
Hey Richard, Are you looking at using the Xtherm simply for R-Value? If so, why lug around all that weight (and the crazy price-tag) and instead go with the AMK Blanket? Same basic principle ...

In Hammocks » Xtherm with a WB XLC?
April 08, 9:03am

Re: Popular (cottage) Backpacks - Spreadsheet Details
Hey all, Huge thanks for all the help and suggestions along the way. I think it is finished up at this point in time. I updated the image on the first post to reflect all of the changes.

In GEAR » Popular (cottage) Backpacks - Spreadsheet Details
April 07, 3:41pm

Re: Re: Spreadsheet
joylesshusband: For about a half of the packs you listed, you show total volume, and for the another half - only the main body volume. Help me out here and let me know where I did this and I ...

April 07, 3:38am

Re: Re: Re: Popular (cottage) Backpacks - Spreadsheet Details
I have updated the main image on the first post to reflect where I have things at at this point. I have added: Stay/Frame Max lb Max kg Euro Pricing (will remain at $1 -> €0.73) ci p...

April 06, 3:37pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Popular (cottage) Backpacks - Spreadsheet Details
@EJ: the idea of having a field for whether the pack has a stay inside of it is a good idea. I will try to get that in before I go live with the spreadsheet.

April 06, 1:14pm

Re: Cost per ounce.....?
Re: Borah... I think I will leave off the stealth for now. I would probably get all kinds of people whining that it was not available. Re: "cost per ounce"... the whole "cost p...

April 06, 12:24pm

Re: Re: Popular (cottage) Backpacks - Spreadsheet Details
@Alex, "Borah Gear Stealth"... wow, I did not even know Borah Gear made backpacks. Umm, is this the one?? Any info on when/if/willbe on the market?? @Aaron, hey man - hope you are feel...

April 06, 11:32am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Popular (cottage) Backpacks - Spreadsheet Details
Ok I have gotten the Elemental Horizons "Aduro SL (medium/large)" the "Kalais (medium)" and "Aquilo (medium)" added to the list. @bob, once I know all the major pac...

April 06, 10:45am

Re: Re: Popular (cottage) Backpacks - Spreadsheet Details
Hey Link, if you click on the image it should open it in full size. The Elemental Horizon packs are not on the list. Cannot think of any time I have ever seen their packs listed as being used by...

April 06, 10:10am

All Reader Reviews by John Abela

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Black Rock Gear Hadron

In Clothing - Headwear, Handwear
August 02, 6:44pm

ZPacks ZPacks Hexamid Solo Tarp & HexaNet Solo Bug Shelter
ZPacks Hexamid Solo Tarp ZPacks HexaNet Solo Bug Shelter h...

In Shelters - Tarps & Floorless
June 27, 10:34pm

Jetboil Sol Ti
Hello Everybody, I was able to acquire the new Jetboil Sol Ti recently and I have now had a chance to use it in the field - inclu...

In Backpacks - Frameless
April 11, 3:00pm