Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

John Abela (JohnAbela) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale John Abela hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me John Abela has not added a biography yet.
CityEureka
StateCalifornia
CountryUnited States

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by John Abela

Showing 121 - 130 of 1327 | Page: 1 ...4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ...133

Forum » Thread

Re: Just picked one up
@adam, out on the trail, do short answer would be: I cannot see any reason for adding Velcro to the doors.

In GEAR » ZPacks SolPlex - Photo Review
May 17, 11:30pm

Re: Re: actual weight?
@Kevin, Just took down the shelter and brought it inside and threw it all on the scale. This is the shelter + stuff sack + all four poles + 10 stakes + stake bag + 50 feet of cordage. ...

May 12, 7:28pm

Re: actual weight?
Hey Kevin, I did not list the weight or any such thing because I just wanted to post the photos for folks to look at, hope you understand. Happy to share though that the shelter was dead-on what...

May 12, 6:16pm

ZPacks SolPlex - Photo Review
I just setup my SolPlex 0.74 for the first time and needed to take photos for my records at yogiing.com and thought I would share them. Above is a full view of the shelter from the front. ...

May 12, 5:05pm

Re: Z Packs Hexamid Solplex Tent
@John/Duane, thanks for the mentions. @Scott, most of my posts on my facebook page are buried at this point so here are the main ones worth looking at - they are all public and you will not ne...

In GEAR » Z Packs Hexamid Solplex Tent
May 12, 2:59pm

Re: Mountain Laurel Designs eVENT Soul Bivy Review
@Ryan, Excellent review.

In Editor's Roundtable » Mountain Laurel Designs eVENT Soul Bivy Review
May 08, 1:32am

Re: ex officio
@Serge, if you don't like it and its a large, lets work out you sending it my way for me to try out :)

In GEAR » Best sun shirt
May 06, 11:28pm

Re: Re: Best sun shirt
Nathan: I also can't picture any hoodie style shirt being a good hot weather option. Yeah that does seem kind of odd... almost tempted to buy it just to try it... would have to deal with the...

In GEAR » Best sun shirt
May 05, 10:58pm

Re: SMD fusion 65
Its only been available for ~2 weeks... a dozen or so hikers on the PCT are using it after buying them at the Kickoff.

In GEAR » SMD fusion 65
May 05, 8:25pm

Re: What do you wear on your legs during the day? (winter or summer)
I have 1200+ days of use wearing the Montbell Dynamo wind pants. I have had to stitch up three holes since the article I posted 2+ years ago.

In GEAR » What do you wear on your legs during the day? (winter or summer)
May 05, 5:43pm

All Reader Reviews by John Abela

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Black Rock Gear Hadron

In Clothing - Headwear, Handwear
August 02, 6:44pm

ZPacks ZPacks Hexamid Solo Tarp & HexaNet Solo Bug Shelter
ZPacks Hexamid Solo Tarp ZPacks HexaNet Solo Bug Shelter h...

In Shelters - Tarps & Floorless
June 27, 10:34pm

Jetboil Sol Ti
Hello Everybody, I was able to acquire the new Jetboil Sol Ti recently and I have now had a chance to use it in the field - inclu...

In Backpacks - Frameless
April 11, 3:00pm