BPL Community Profile

John Abela (JohnAbela) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale John Abela hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me John Abela has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by John Abela

Showing 121 - 130 of 1284 | Page: 1 ...4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ...129

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: FS: ZPacks Arc Blast, All Black,
woot - no longer available!

In Gear Swap » FS: ZPacks Arc Blast, All Black,
April 04, 6:57am

Re: Hexamid solo Fixed Pole question
It will work just fine Alex. I often raise or lower mine dependant on the weather.

In GEAR » Hexamid solo Fixed Pole question
April 02, 8:06pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: LIST: SUL below freezing possible?
I asked because I have no flipping idea what kind of a shelter can survive 100+ mph winds... and figured we should figure out what the worlds lightest shelter is that CAN survive that... and from t...

In Gear Lists » LIST: SUL below freezing possible?
April 02, 5:30am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: LIST: SUL below freezing possible?
What is the lightest weight shelter in the world that can handle "100+ mph winds, blowing snow, whiteout conditions" ??

April 01, 7:20pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: The lightest, most efficient and compact SUL esbit stove kit may be here (with photos)
Can you expand on the above? I'm not sure I totally understand - are you saying to not use FF14 and use something else? Hey Gary. The FF14 is designed for efficiently but not speed. It re...

In GEAR » The lightest, most efficient and compact SUL esbit stove kit may be here (with photos)
April 01, 7:15pm

Re: Aluminized Cuben – Third Time is a Charm?
I just got mine today - thanks Nathan! wow, soooo not what I was expecting it to be. Its very stiff... far beyond any other CF fabric I have encountered. I was also kind of surprised that ...

In GEAR » Aluminized Cuben – Third Time is a Charm?
April 01, 6:13pm

Re: Attaching cellphone to my hiking poles
@Idan/Ian, You can combine the A-Pod and the Gliff together and it works on just about any modern smartphone. You can even add in a mini-ball head such as I've done here to get just about...

In GEAR » Attaching cellphone to my hiking poles
April 01, 6:04pm

Re: Re: The lightest, most efficient and compact SUL esbit stove kit may be here (with photos)
I used some 1/16th from MBD. I wrapped the EBY265 four times, but it was one more than necessary, so only three times around the pot will be good. Sorry, I did not record how long it was. See here ...

In GEAR » The lightest, most efficient and compact SUL esbit stove kit may be here (with photos)
April 01, 4:42pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: LIST: SUL below freezing possible?
Can SUL be possible safely in truly extreme conditions? You keep asking these questions but I have yet to see you define what these three variables mean to you. So, help us answer your ques...

April 01, 8:03am

Re: Re: The lightest, most efficient and compact SUL esbit stove kit may be here (with photos)
This might be a dumb question, but do you only need the pegs for the FF14 (to get the extra height above stove required) or do you also need them if you are using a gram cracker? Is there space und...

April 01, 6:35am

All Reader Reviews by John Abela

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Black Rock Gear Hadron

In Clothing - Headwear, Handwear
August 02, 6:44pm

ZPacks ZPacks Hexamid Solo Tarp & HexaNet Solo Bug Shelter
ZPacks Hexamid Solo Tarp ZPacks HexaNet Solo Bug Shelter h...

In Shelters - Tarps & Floorless
June 27, 10:34pm

Jetboil Sol Ti
Hello Everybody, I was able to acquire the new Jetboil Sol Ti recently and I have now had a chance to use it in the field - inclu...

In Backpacks - Frameless
April 11, 3:00pm