BPL Community Profile

Doug Smith (Jedi5150) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Central CA
About Me LEO K9 handler, with SAR, EMS background.
StateCalifornia

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Doug Smith

Showing 121 - 130 of 251 | Page: 1 ...4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ...26

Forum » Thread

creeks
Ken, thanks for the great info! After hearing you say there are still some small creeks to get water on the High Trail, I'm definitely going to go that route. I'm getting an early start s...

In Pre-Trip Planning » 1000 Island Lake question
July 18, 1:37pm

4x4 packpacking
My most recent backpacking trip. Nothing fancy, just a 4x4 Tacoma with barely more than street tires. The dirt road looks nice in the picture but there were definitely spots that without the clea...

In Chaff » Offroading and Backpacking
July 16, 6:37pm

wow!
Wow, thanks for the info and photo Hobbes! I'd love to see more pics of the area if you have them. :) I'll be staying at the Mammoth Mountain Inn Sunday night, and getting to the trail...

July 16, 12:42pm

thanks
Thanks Bob and Richard. I think I'm going to shoot for the River Trail route. If it is full up at least I've already got my reservation for the High Trail.

July 15, 11:23pm

1000 Island Lake question
I've had a thread already on an upcoming trip to 1000 Islands Lake, but I've got a few last minute questions and didn't want to dig up the old thread. I have a wilderness permit rese...

July 15, 7:03pm

dog food
Ken and Brian, She's a very energetic 60lbs and eats 2 cups per day normally. My 78 pound male eats double that. I've taken her on a number of backpacking trips so far, and always brought...

In Gear Lists » 1000 Island Lakes in July- Gear List
July 15, 1:33pm

1000 Island Lakes in July- Gear List
Hello all, my long anticipated backpacking trip to 1000 Islands Lake is kicking off a week from Monday (on July 23rd). The weather prediction for Mammoth Lakes (closest town) is lows around 47-49*...

In Gear Lists » 1000 Island Lakes in July- Gear List
July 15, 11:58am

dyneema
Every industry professional I've spoken with who uses it, be it a backpack maker or dealer of hard rifle plate armor, pronounces it "die-knee-muh", as was said earlier.

In GEAR » Pronunciation of dyneema?
July 12, 8:00pm

Re: Re: Tent In Space!
Hahaha! That was great. I loved the "prepare for re-entry"...and then the baloon pops and they plummet back to Earth. :)

In GEAR » Tent In Space!
June 01, 12:04pm

Re: SPAM
Hahaha, I gotta give Alice props for the thread title at least...I love Tolkien referrences. :) But her post sounded SOOO obvious as a sales pitch. Way too obvious. I prefer more subtle sales...

In GEAR » One Headlamp to Rule them All?
May 31, 3:26am

All Reader Reviews by Doug Smith

Doug Smith has posted no reviews.