Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Jake D (JakeDatc) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Bristol,RI
About Me http://www.geargrams.com/list?id=9466
CityBristol
StateRI

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Jake D

Showing 121 - 130 of 1371 | Page: 1 ...4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ...138

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Math
Before i took my current climbing hiatus I could crank out 20 pull ups pretty much whenever, post climb.. pre-warm up. whatever. We used to do ladders.. 10 rep.. 9.. 8.. 7. at the end of the ...

In Philosophy & Technique » When backpacking, it pays to be small
December 05, 7:41pm

Re: Re: Leaving tarp at home
" i was talking more about a summer hike along the AT in New England" so why is there all of this talk about So. Cal? The phrase "if you don't like the weather, wait a min...

In GEAR » Leaving tarp at home
December 04, 3:05pm

Re: Re: Leaving tarp at home
Depending on what part of the AT up here he is going to be on a poncho is a pain in the ass. The trails are rocky, steep and can be narrow. It could be sketchy not being able to see your feet whe...

December 03, 9:37pm

Re: Re: Layering strategy for Winter Running
Not sure exactly what temps we used to run down to in MA when I was in HS (definitely low 30s) but i'd wear shorts with goretex wind pants, long sleeve poly pro of varying weights, goretex run...

In GEAR » Layering strategy for Winter Running
December 03, 6:05pm

Re: Re: Re: hammock cover
"with this setup I would be worried about the pack actually getting wet some and becoming heavier" 4 ounces worth? unlikely. Plus you will have to carry that even on dry days where ...

December 03, 5:31pm

Re: hammock cover
Skip the pack cover and use a compactor bag inside. 4 of the 4.3oz gone. drier and lighter. Problem with AT shelters and rain is that everyone is going for them.. so having another option i...

December 03, 1:11pm

Re: Re: Who wears size 8.5, normal width shoes?
I wear 8 or 8.5 depending on the brand.

In GEAR » Who wears size 8.5, normal width shoes?
December 02, 4:39am

Re: "Best" lightweight fabric for quilt?
I used M90 and M90 L Taffeta for my summer quilt. could have done M50 outside if i wanted the tiny bit of weight savings. the Taffeta is basically the same with a bit different thread pattern fo...

In GEAR » "Best" lightweight fabric for quilt?
December 01, 3:30pm

Re: Time to Resurrect the Tall Persons Tent Question....
Lightheart Gear SoLong? I like my Solo (for normal size folk) Not sure the recommended height for Solong is but worth a look.

In GEAR » Time to Resurrect the Tall Persons Tent Question....
November 30, 8:35pm

Re: Snowshoes with "Easy" Bindings
Msr evo tours and similar models. You set the toe strap once to your boot and there is one strap for around the heel. Not sure how any is easier

In GEAR » Snowshoes with "Easy" Bindings
November 28, 8:17pm

All Reader Reviews by Jake D

Jake D has posted no reviews.