Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Richard Scruggs (JRScruggs) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Oregon
About Me Richard Scruggs has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Richard Scruggs

Showing 121 - 130 of 452 | Page: 1 ...4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ...46

Forum » Thread

Re: Best one week hike in lower 48
Wind River Range is a terric wilderness full of lakes, mountains, rivers. Hardly anyone ever goes there, either!!! ;) Depending on the trail and time of the year, might see only a few hundr...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Best one week hike in lower 48
January 14, 8:29pm

Re: where?
Dan, re: "Hey Richard, that must be Hannegan Pass? It's been a while since I've been there too! Yep. The campsite is up on the ridge rising north from Hannegan Pass, just bel...

In Editor's Roundtable » Cottage Stagnation and Recent Gems
January 14, 7:47pm

Re: Re: warmed over.......
Nick, I give up on trying to wrap my head around this innovation/stagnation angst and agony; the fit is real uncomfortable, and it makes my head hurt. As for Ryan's article, I we...

January 14, 6:00pm

Re: warmed over.......
Dan, re your: "There's plenty of innovation - what there is not enough of is time to appreciate all of it." Or enough money, either. And re your: "Ryan's atti...

January 14, 11:52am

Re: How do you store/organize your gear?
Hope someone posts a great solution. Think the winner will be someone with minimal collection of gear serving the greatest variety of circumstances. That would be the ultimate soluti...

In GEAR » How do you store/organize your gear?
January 13, 9:10pm

Re: $205 for the Porter?
The price of the Porter ($275) is also shown at or near the bottom row of each of the three tables in the article.

In Editor's Roundtable » Hyperlite Mountain Gear Porter / Expedition Pack Review
January 11, 9:42pm

Re: Re: Re Strange preface
Tom, Thanks for laying that out so well. I often go back to read Ryan's 2005 book for his views relevant to gear issues or techniques that I'm looking into. Wish Ryan would issue h...

In Editor's Roundtable » Hyperlite Mountain Gear Porter / Expedition Pack Review
January 11, 5:50pm

Re: Re: Re: HMG Porter "Rolling" Review
Chris, Thanks for the reference to Colin's Skin Pack, which led me to the following thread providing good descriptions of the pack, including great photos at p3: http://www.backpackinglig...

January 11, 5:31pm

Re: modular pack systems
Dan, For that 1987 McHale Packs Modular Alpineer, do you recall the price (in 1987 dollars), weight, and main pack capacity? (This station break brought to you by #occupy_thread_briefly. Ret...

January 11, 5:08pm

Re: podcasts
+10 on posting transcripts of evil podcasts.

In Editor's Roundtable » Introducing Chris Wallace as Backpacking Light’s New Gear Editor
January 11, 1:42pm

All Reader Reviews by Richard Scruggs

Showing 1 - 4 of 4 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Aloksak O.P 12.5 x 20"
They do last a looooooooooooong time when used as a map case, though. JRS

In Miscellaneous Products
August 29, 2:18pm

Base Designs 1000ml Titanium Pot
Just received one of the 1000 ml Base Designs titanium pots from ProLite. At $19 plus shipping (and shipping is free within USA if order exceeds $50), this pot appears to be a bargain for what appear...

In Cookware - Titanium
March 07, 10:50pm

Backcountrygear.com
Have had many, many on-line orders at Backcountry Gear over several years, and experienced only a single error in all those transactions when they sent the wrong color of an item. As it turned out, I...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
March 03, 1:52pm

National Geographic TOPO! Outdoor Recreation Mapping Software - California
Several years ago, I purchased mapping software for a few of the "regional" areas produced by National Geographic. For example, the software included the North Cascades on one disk, the Sout...

In Navigation Gear & Accessories
February 06, 5:38pm