BPL Community Profile

Ike Jutkowitz (Ike) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Central Michigan
About Me Grew up in the Adirondacks, with my first backpacking experiences on the Northville-Placid Trail. Avid fly fisherman and runner, occasional rock climber and mountain biker. Now living in Michigan which has put a damper on vertical endeavors.
My PDF Gear ListTrap Hills 3 season gear list

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Ike Jutkowitz

Showing 121 - 130 of 914 | Page: 1 ...4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ...92

Forum » Thread

re: ul hoody
Check out the Nau M2 hoody. I often wear an ibex indie when backpacking, but the nau has a more normal (less form fitting) cut that I prefer when around other people.

In GEAR » ultralight hoody that's casual?
August 22, 12:24pm

re: Backpacking with a newborn
Taking my girls camping as babies was probably the thing that made me feel like a real parent during that challenging stage. Sharing your passion with a new life, and seeing them respond in wonder ...

In Editor's Roundtable » Backpacking with a Newborn
August 06, 12:09pm

Re: summer
My summer has been lame (all work) except for a family trip to the adirondacks. I leave next week for Alaska though- I have a pretty good solo adventure planned. Lets hook up when I get back for an...

In Post-Trip Reports » Vestal Peak and the Weminuche Wilderness
August 02, 9:34am

Re: dehydrating foods
For wet foods (stews, rice and beef, chili, etc), I like to dehydrate 3 cup portions. This ends up being about 1 1/2 cups dry, weighs about 5-6 oz, has 500-700 kcal, and rehydrates with 1 1/2 cups ...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Portion sizes for home dehydrated dinners?
August 02, 9:29am

re: Vestal Peak
Awesome photos and commentary as always. Thanks Rog!

In Post-Trip Reports » Vestal Peak and the Weminuche Wilderness
August 02, 7:41am

re: ID vapor barriers
I've not found the ID vapor barrier socks to be waterproof or vapor proof. When worn as a VB inside cross country ski boots, they tend to wet out my wool oversocks with perspiration. When I'...

In GEAR » Integral Designs Vapor Barrier socks as waterproof oversocks.
July 02, 7:24am

Re:base layer
I sleep in the same merino baselayer and hiking pants I wear during the day. Usually I only start to notice the smell by day 5. I also skip the ground sheet to protect my bivy floor, or any othe...

In GEAR » Another base layer/sleep clothing discussion
June 28, 4:36pm

FS: Royal Robbins Global Traveler F12 nylon pants, size 30/30 $25 new
Recently bought these and lost the receipt. Never worn- a little too roomy for my scrawny butt. Color is khaki. Price includes shipping CONUS.

In Gear Swap » FS: Royal Robbins Global Traveler F12 nylon pants, size 30/30 $25 new
June 24, 1:29pm

Common repairs
What field repairs have you needed to make on your packraft, and what products have you found most useful? Mine is showing no signs of significant wear after its first year, but as I continue to...

In Packrafting » Common repairs
June 23, 10:22am

re: You find anything fun lately?
This could never happen to me. I'm such a compulsive minimalist that anything that sits unused for a year gets donated unless I have some future plan in mind for it. My wife on the other ha...

In GEAR » Cool gear find - in my own house!
June 23, 7:55am

All Reader Reviews by Ike Jutkowitz

Ike Jutkowitz has posted no reviews.