BPL Community Profile

Ike Jutkowitz (Ike) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Central Michigan
About Me Grew up in the Adirondacks, with my first backpacking experiences on the Northville-Placid Trail. Avid fly fisherman and runner, occasional rock climber and mountain biker. Now living in Michigan which has put a damper on vertical endeavors.
My PDF Gear ListTrap Hills 3 season gear list

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Ike Jutkowitz

Showing 121 - 130 of 903 | Page: 1 ...4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ...91

Forum » Thread

Re: katabatic
I use a blackwelder 0F quilt in winter. It is seriously warm, and I generally don't bother with the attachment system. I do snap the neck and cinch it down- no problems snapping it while in the...

In GEAR » Katabatic Gear quilt attachment system - some thoughts and concerns *with pics*
June 16, 10:38am

re: lone peak
This could just be the year you get someone to share that two person shelter with you. A romantic fire crackling away in the ti hearth...

In GEAR » Ruta Locura Cuben Lone Peak
June 15, 4:59am

re:Civility
"I don't think it was ye she was on about" So it was me? Lots of interesting commentary on this thread, though I'm still blown away by Clayton's writing linked above...

In Website & Forum Admin/Support » Civility and Anonymity
June 11, 8:47pm

re:
Doug's not actually fat- its all muscle. Also, his pictures don't do him justice. I'd be more than happy to provide a character reference if needed. Jen, you should take advantage of th...

In Philosophy & Technique » lifestyle choices
June 10, 7:27pm

re: Pukaskwa
That is one seriously sick trip, and one of the best trip reports I've read in a long time. Thanks for putting it up.

In Post-Trip Reports » Pukaskwa: 160kms Around the Outside via Foot & Raft
June 08, 6:41pm

merino wool tops for work and adventure travel
As my current wardrobe becomes progressively more threadbare and hole-y, I'm looking to replace with a smaller number of multipurpose items. I'm by no means a snazzy dresser. Jeans and Ts a...

In GEAR » merino wool tops for work and adventure travel
June 06, 8:40am

re: It's not about the nail
ROFLMAO

In Chaff » I've heard this before....
June 04, 9:43am

re: Bob Marshall Wilderness Open
I enjoyed these writeups and photos very much. Awesome job, and thanks for the undeserved props. Ike

In Post-Trip Reports » Chris and Andrew's 2013 Bob Marshall Wilderness Open Trip Report
June 04, 7:59am

re: pencil
Nick, I really appreciated the thorough writeup of your pencil solution. You seem like a person who approaches life with excellent attention to detail. Since I've been contemplating a JMT tri...

In GEAR » A Pencil for the JMT -- Solution Found!
June 03, 1:48pm

Rab stuff at campsaver
Campsaver is having a clearance sale- 40-50% off a lot of Rab stuff. I just picked up a replacement meco base layer for $35.

In Gear Deals » Rab stuff at campsaver
June 03, 12:11pm

All Reader Reviews by Ike Jutkowitz

Ike Jutkowitz has posted no reviews.